GreaseSpot Cafe

It's Earth Day

Ron G.

Happy Earth Day one and all!

Today is Earth Day when the eco-theocrats and gaia worshippers engage in their annual circle jerk.

Celebrate!

Put on some Aqua Net, then hop in your SUV with the A/C turned all the way up (you can always wear some fur if it's a bit cool for that) and drive to the nearest plastic bonfire and maybe enjoy some barbecued eagle.

I'll be cutting some wood today as as my Earth Day celebration just won't be right without the smell of freshly cut timber and two-stroke exhaust.

Be sure to wear your "The world is my urinal" tshirt!

Well, I cut down three trees yesterday ... the earth is used to being icier ... but the heck with that .. I'm trying to warm it up. I do have some ceremonial freon that I will release ... to try to warm things up. The earth is used to ice ... this warm spell we are in is abnormal ...

there is a close correlation between variations in the sunspot cycle and Earth's climate. The previous time a cycle was delayed like this was in the Dalton Minimum, an especially cold period that lasted several decades from 1790.
Northern winters became ferocious
: in particular, the rout of Napoleon's Grand Army during the retreat from Moscow in 1812 was at least partly due to the lack of sunspots.

That the rapid temperature decline in 2007 coincided with the failure of cycle No.24 to begin on schedule is not proof of a causal connection but it is cause for concern.

It is time to put aside the global warming dogma, at least to begin contingency planning about what to do if we are moving into
another little ice age
, similar to the one that lasted from 1100 to 1850.

Earth day ... does it make you feel dirty? :evildenk:

oh no! Don't go farting around here because that releases methane into the atmosphere and methane is a greenhouse gas.

This morning I heard someone plead for an all vegetarian diet because it would greatly release the methane load on the atmosphere if cattle no longer were raised for food!

Methinks it's a good thing we don't eat elephants. Their digestive system is less efficient than cattle, and proportionally more methane is released by elephants therefore!