JeffSjo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jeff Sjo,

AH! So now you know!! You just let me know any time you need to be reminded! :biglaugh: (wait a minute! I think you won't tell me, so I'm gonna have to remind ya!! LOL!) Watch out! I'm really dangerous! I have this whole board quivering in fear about my flyovers--just ask 'em!

:redface2: ummmm, maybe ya shouldn't ask them, just take my word for it!

Sorry for the derail, I'll get back to my pen now!! heehee

Jeff part of your charm, and I have told you before, is your ability to present your point with kindness and willingness to consider the others point of view.

There are those whom will stop at nothing to smack down any whom don`t share their belief system.

Thanks Rascal,

I've been thinking about what you shared here and then I realized that everything that I've learned I learned from someone who knew something that I did not.

Sometimes thing may need to be smacked down, but given human nature I'm certain that the vast majority of smack downs (so to speak) are wrong headed. But, then again, IMO lies and spin deserve to be smacked down if they interfere with helping folks.

I guess everybody has an agenda, and that steers their conversations. But if it comes to "wickedness" or "evil" as that part of Psalm 64 talks about, then I just hope that my understanding of good and evil is such that I'm a part of the solution and not part of the problem.

But if we can keep everything as out in the open as possible here, then everyone can judge for themselves.

Hi Frank123lol,

Depending on a persons point of view, anyone can seem to have spin I suppose.

I think that the most damaging spin and the one worth stopping when it rears it's ugly head is deliberate lies that are spoken by someone who presents themselves as "speaking the truth." In that case I believe that the damage is done to everyone involved. But as is often the case, I think that the most damage is done to the one who's telling the lies, in the scripture I believe it leads to a state called a "seared conscionse(sp?)" but I'm sure that their are plenty of valid ways to describe this state outside of quoting scriptures. One example that seems it can apply is the thread concening sociopaths for instance.

But here at Greasespot I've talked to some people and heard of others that make me feel far less than kind to these paticular SPIN-DOCTORS.

Still, I think that on this thread about spin that it's necessary to talk about truth too. If for no other reason than "what spin is not" can be just as educational as "what spin is."

But let me add that it seems to me that a real key is the heart's intent concerning the words that are spoken. IMO it's far easier to come to opinions about where someone is coming from than to prove it, if the speaker is lieing. Whether they even know what they are doing is another matter altogether.

(edited for clarity)

Edited by JeffSjo

I've been thinking about "emotional spin" some.

Everybody has emotions and they are a necessary part of who we are. If we try to simply shut them down like some kind of Robot we will become wrecks. If we let our emotions run wild we are prone to falling into many, many mistakes.

If people play on our emotions to manipulate us then IMO we have just been "emotionally spun."

In culture their are many things that are specifically designed to play on our emotions to varying degrees of good and bad.

At least here at the Greasespot I get emotionally invested in people, not the posts per say.

Love of country, favorite brand names, movies, television, radio, computer and internet related activities, etc. etc. These are things that usually come with some emotional investment on our parts.

I'm not saying that being emotionally involved in a favorite T.V. show is bad. But why not be aware of the fact that the people who write these T.V. shows were deliberatly seeking your emotional involvement when they wrote it. Heck, the whole T.V. industry (as only one example) knows that they exist based on whether our not you WANT to watch them.

I have things that I'm emotionally invested in to one degree or another.

As concerning TWI, I was emotionally invested in the picture of Dr. Wierwille's life that TWI promoted. I believe that they did this deliberately. I believe that if he was the man that they painted him to be I'd be just fine knowing that they did this to me deliberately because the picture that they've painted of his life was true.

BUT,

When I hear stories about his faults.

When I hear stories that lead me to conclude that TWI made the abuse of young women a regular part of it's leadership's life. Literally institutionalized it that is.

When I remember many teachings and specific instances that make it likely that TWI leadership had a BIG FRIGIN BLIND SPOT in these areas that the devil could drive a fleet of trucks through.

When I think about the things that many victim's suffered throughout the years just recovering from the abuse.

When I think about the suicides.

THIS IS WHEN THE EMOTIONAL TIES THAT I HAD TO TWI GO AWAY.

But you know what, I still feel it sometimes.

NO MORE EMOTIONAL SPIN, PLEASE.

Just give me the truth.

How nasty did TWI leadership really become? Doctrinally and morally seeing the truth will be easier for me now. There was a mix of good and bad in TWI, just like anywhere else.

I believe God will judge based on truth, not spin.

(added in editing)

IF TWI WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE CONCERNED ABOUT TRUTH THAN SPIN THEN LCM,CHR!S GEER, AND A LOT OF THE REST OF TWI LEADERSHIP WOULD NEVER, NEVER, NEVER HAVE SAID SO MANY STUPID, ARROGANT, NONSENSICAL, MEAN, AND PLAIN UNBIBLICAL THINGS.

Edited by JeffSjo

I WISH HE WAS THE MAN HE WAS PAINTED TO BE.

Edited by JeffSjo