GreaseSpot Cafe

hi all

cake

Just wanted to introduce myself. I was a kid when my family joined TWI. Many exceptionally unhappy years followed. When I was old enough, I chose to pitch the whole lot, and I tried to leave it all behind, but some of this stuff sticks with you for a while...

I'm nervous about poking my head up here, but I recently wondered what became of TWI, how people deal with leaving, with what they carried with them - there's was an aftermath to my leaving, though I've salvaged some good out of it and turned what I couldn't salvage into stuff that made me stronger. Still, I wondered, and when I found this place, I thought I'd take a look around. Now I'm ready to weigh in on some topics, but I wanted to say hi before I did.

=)

Edited by cake

:dance: Hi Cake,

I think we're all glad that you're ready to share now.

Just feel free to serve it up, yum.

Hey guys, now we can have our cake and eat it too.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I was a kid when my family joined TWI. Many exceptionally unhappy years followed. When I was old enough, I chose to pitch the whole lot, and I tried to leave it all behind, but some of this stuff sticks with you for a while...

It grows on you.

As does a fungus.

:)

I'm nervous about poking my head up here, but I recently wondered what became of TWI, how people deal with leaving, with what they carried with them - there's was an aftermath to my leaving, though I've salvaged some good out of it and turned what I couldn't salvage into stuff that made me stronger. Still, I wondered, and when I found this place, I thought I'd take a look around. Now I'm ready to weigh in on some topics, but I wanted to say hi before I did.

=)

Well, most of the discussion is actually pretty civil. Some discussions (you'll see them on your own) have one or more emotional posters

and WILL get less civil, but that's true anywhere people are actually allowed to think for themselves and communicate freely.

Loud and heated sometimes, yes, but healthier than the alternative you've already known.

"What became of twi." That covers a lot of ground, and a lot of information. There's information you never even IMAGINED, here.

What people carried when they left-and still carry-varies widely. Some people have embraced the coping mechanisms they learned

in twi, also-which you'll see. Most have not.

Feel free to express your opinion. Please don't do it in an insulting, abusive, arrogant or "I know it all and you are all idiots" manner.

Each of those tends to get responses which some would see as the natural consequence of "another idiot has arrived and is posting."

Some of those people, actually, adjust, and become posters that contribute on their own in a civil fashion.

Hopefully, you can skip this step and just post friendly, and disagree politely if you must disagree.

At any rate, welcome, and enjoy your stay.

Edited by WordWolf

Feel free to express your opinion. Please don't do it in an insulting, abusive, arrogant or "I know it all and you are all idiots" manner.

Each of those tends to get responses which some would see as the natural consequence of "another idiot has arrived and is posting."

Some of those people, actually, adjust, and become posters that contribute on their own in a civil fashion.

Hopefully, you can skip this step and just post friendly, and disagree politely if you must disagree. :biglaugh:

Once upon a time, not too long ago, around March '07...I tried to explain a little Scandinavian experience to the viewer audience! :biglaugh:

I think there was a big bad wolf in the audience who got a little "grumpy" with Bumpy...and never another word was said... :biglaugh:

Bien Ajuste Herr Wolf!

Hi Cake,

I'm a newbie too. Last week to be exact. Welcome! My first post was in the "Forum, My Story."

I've been reading and reading, and some more reading. I have so many questions right now. My head is spinning.

:confused:

Edited by Sam

• 2 weeks later...