GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Father's Day

waysider

To you too waysider

And I extend a happy fathers day to the mama's parenting alone, doing both roles.

Kelly and I are going out for our traditional fathers day dinner and then we'll plant another flower at the daddy tree in memory.

:)

To you too waysider

And I extend a happy fathers day to the mama's parenting alone, doing both roles.

Kelly and I are going out for our traditional fathers day dinner and then we'll plant another flower at the daddy tree in memory.

:)

That's a wonderful thing, especially for Kelly. :) :eusa_clap:

Let's not forget the other guys who take on instant families. They also toil away at the duties of fatherhood. They too, are worthy of our appreciation.
Amen to that.I know quite a few who fit that description. Edited by waysider

I talked to my daddy today. I am 51 years old and today was the third time in my life that I phoned my daddy and wished him a Happy Father's Day.

My parents divorced when I was barely two years old. My mom moved away and did not keep in touch with my dad or his side of the family. I was told when I was 10 years old that my step-dad was not my real dad. I did not think much about my daddy through the years as I was told that he broke away from us and did not want anything to do with us.

Then for some reason, only known to God ( I do know now, I didn't know then. He put it in my heart because He knew the events to come along in my life) I decided to look for my biological father. Nothing for 2 years. Lots of people on the Internet with the same name. I called one phone number and the man on the other end became irate and accused me of trying to cash in on his fortune.

Then in 2005 I drove my mother to her 50th highschool reunion in Florida. Out of the blue and much to my surprise mom announced to her classmates that I was looking for my dad. When she announced that I even said to myself, "I am?" I had not even mentioned this to her in over a year. I had quit trying to find him and told Father that He would have to do it because I didn't know what else to do.

Well, low and behold, Sunday morning we were all sitting together at their last get together and a woman came to me and whispered in my ear, "Your father is alive and well and lives in Oklahoma." She had kept in contact with one of my dad's cousins since graduation.

That was on a Sunday and Tuesday I was "talking" to my daddy. I didn't do much talking. I was in awe that I was hearing the voice of my daddy. Two weeks later when I picked him up from the airport he phoned his sister, my Aunt Betty, and said to her, "I want you to talk somebody." I said hello Aunt Betty. She said, "Our precious Kimberly, we have found you. One day you were our baby and the next you were gone and our lives have not been the same since then."

Well, I am here to tell you that I have the most incredible family in the world. I have aunts and uncles and a very large widespread family. I have been to several family reunions. I have two more brothers and a sister, neices and nephews.

We always wondered where my boys got the red hair. Why were two of my children left handed and no one in the family was left handed? It only took one family reunion to figure those out. A lot of questions have been answered for me. I look just like my paternal grandmother. Daddy and the rest of my family say I am my grandmother made over. And it is amazing the personality traits I share with my daddy's side of the family. I used to think some of that stuff was not inherited but learned. I have changed my thinking somewhat.

I know from whence I cometh on my daddy's side. Everything is complete now. I am blessed with generations of faith. My daddy is loving and wise. We talk like we have never missed a day. I learned my Aunt Betty is the one who named me. Our hearts are so knit together. I marvel how I managed to live without her all these years. My little sister is 29 years old. She is only 2 years older than my first born child. At 70 years old my daddy be the man.

I am an exceedingly blessed woman on this Father's Day. But not as blessed as my daddy. His life is complete now.

I am so thankful for this man, my daddy. Our Father truly knows everything and is involved in the most minute detail of life.