GreaseSpot Cafe

Labyrinth "christianity"

cheranne

I was thinking about,a game like the game of Life or Monopoly

about how The Way International was,so you have this Big Maze start there with paying 200.00

for PFAL,and all the other class,if your in the "hitch hiking day" throw that in too,stringing chairs,

etc....go ahead and VENT have fun,when we get to the inside of the maze it is just a big hamster

wheel going NOWHERE!

[

Edited by OKLAHOMA CITY WOW 78

I actually like labyrinths. Real ones occasionally have different things to do at different junctures along the path (various prayers, meditations, reflections etc..). They can be a very interesting experience even if you dont do all the prayers, that reflect the twists and turns of life life and bring us back to our true "center"

Some churches have used them as a means of spiritual growth for a thousand years.

Chartres cathedral

Chartres_Cathedral.gif

Interesting analogy OKC. Knowing labyrinths I can see nothing cheesier or baser than charging people to walk it, then wasting our time with complete banalities like stringing chairs, and when we arrived at the "Center" there really was nothing at all but our true selves "hamsters on a wheel"..

True enough....

Nah ...I wont be walking that one again any time soon

Edited by mstar1

But we were told (or at least it was implied) that the center represented the center of God's will. That's where you get the REAL heavy revvy, that's where you reach full spiritual maturity, and you stood to receive greater rewards in heaven. The closer you got to the center, the more spiritual perception and awareness you had (see that thread for more), the more you could judge others, the more power you had over others, the more "special privileges" you got, and so on.

Scary part is, some people are still in the center on their hamster wheel, and still think they're in the center of God's will, still think they have power and the right to judge, and still think they deserve special privileges.

hm

seems twi/pfal may be a maze

where one may become lost in all the many dead ends

but this one life is already being on a labyrinth

a single path with two primary directions ...coming and going

Or we were just chasing our own tails while vp was chasing his own kind of tail...

Actually I can see twi being both or either depending upon the individual and what they were actually looking for and being fed. Personally I was in a the labyrinth and then I got placed in the maze but I thought that I was still in the labyrinth, in other words I still thought that I was 'going somewhere' but I was really stuck in a series of dead ends.

• Upvote 1

I really wish I had a house with a yard big enough to have one of those. But then I would get all wierded out if it got windy or overcast. It's always windy and overcast in the movies when people get lost in the labyrinth.

I must add this too

have you ever had a flashback from all this crap,i went to emporia and heard vpw speak on the psychological hoax it was right after jonestown and we all laughed of the thought of twi being a cult! but let me share this ,this time i saw it in the spirit world and it was not pretty. The greeters were dressed in blue suits with that infamous blue wow pin they transitionally changed into black hoods and capes like the kkk,in true form vpw then howling thru the auditorium and this once man i saw as a billy graham role model turned into a wolf,black and uglu hidious with large teeth like iron dripping blood from its mouth OUR blood, I heard him say bless god this is a beautiful campas,he laughed mocking you know their WAS a cross on top of this but WE TORE THE SUCKER DOWN! iT BEGAN TO RAIN BLACK RAIN SPIRITUALLY and it coated everyoneof us sitting in that place just like an m&m candy and i thought............sweet satanism..how many people has he infected!!! :evildenk:

So heres some more food for thought,The Big Cheese (vpw)sits at the throne.

From studies in rats it has been known for a while that certain cells in the hippocampus can encode for the location of the animal during a maze task. These are called "place cells" because, in the most robust examples, the cells are active when and only when the animal is at a single location in the maze or task field - while other cells are exclusively active at other locations in the maze. and friends repeated this type of experiment with a few variations.

First, they recorded activity from multiple hippocampal cells at once (called ensemble recording) and ran the rats through portions of a very simple circular track several times. Thus, instead of a location in the maze being linked to the activity of one cell in the hippocampus, locations were linked to temporal activity patterns distributed over several cells - unique temporal patterns that were confirmed through many repetitions of the same trial in the maze.

Second (the neat part), when they observed the activity in the same cells while the animals were sleeping, they found that the unique patterns of hippocampus activity seen in the maze were *replayed during REM sleep*.

Were the rats really dreaming about their day in the lab? That much is not known (and, frankly, were I a rat I *know* I'd be dreaming about sex,) but what this experiment does is lend support to a relatively old theory that hippocampal activity during REM sleep is responsible for memory encoding - a theory that has not had much experimental support so far, but is none-the-less very intuitive and attractive to some neuroscientists. The original article is "Temporally structured Replay of Awake Hippocampal Ensemble Activity during Rapid Eye Movement Sleep", in the journal Neuron, volume 29, pp 145-56.

• Upvote 1

Even though The Way International is losing ground(thank God)there are many many people still lockedin the fist of error,some people will never talk about it but it is there,in nightmares and lost youth and brokenrelationships with family. I make light of things much of the time,but the flip side to that is really serious buisness and I don't likethe thought of people being abused spiritually by this so called"ministry" I thought when getting involved back in the lae 70's,how could you go wrong learning about the bible,BUTlots of twisted scripture and legalistic money hungry people will do ANYYHING even remind you that"the love of money is the root of all evil" There are so many scriptures vpw taught us ,that were just so hypocritically what he was doing for years.I don't blame people for getting out of this cult maze and never wanting to have anything to do with christianity(it's a real head ache) and not to mention spiritual warfare that want you to keep that WAY BRAIN!

I wondered if being LOST is a type of infirmirty(in the maze of The Way)we were some sick puppies,the lost sheep,the lost sonthe lost coin...the lost soul.Reminded me of ones lost at sea awaiting a rescue IF they survive the elements,thought of Psalms 107!Thought of a child in a home lost in ones self(because of whatever reason,child abuse ,lousy parents,overworked parents) The image of being lost in your minds eye takes time to become a reality in cult life,even years after you know your not lostbut safe and free away from you can STILL smelll it in the wind like an approuching rain storm where you prepare to takecover. When you have been in a survival type state of mind you NEVER forget. How to escape spiritually speaking is ON. Yeah,that Post Trauma Stress we all probably have that,and the flip side of the coin is (IF you seek Jesus Christ) as yourLord is The Bible.hmmmm..it is complicated like a daily workout,bodybuilding and being able to get to the point of running up the stadium stairs without breathing Hard.Its a thing many local churches do not understand about people who were in The Way International,(not all of us I supposeso you know if this is written for you or not)To get to a point you can lift this over your head and say Yes,I am a survivour of a cult that almost broke me! It was coming home to Jesus like the lost sheep and having broke my legs so I would not run off again. Broke not outof cruelness but because when they were broke originally they healed wrongly. Its a surgery of the HEART

I can say that I feel stonger for having gone throught the lost years,I have learned to love,to trustagain and forgive but I am still learning and their is a fine line in forgiveness and things coming to justiceand brought to light like the abuse The Way International brought to many many people and continues toharm people. The passages of lifes journeys will alway stay a light even when it seems dark, those are OUR shiftingshawdows not Gods because in him there are NO shifting shadows for He is Light.He never leaves us or forsakes us. For each person its a step by step personal process of development in His time and in His ways which are NOT ours.The pure LIGHT of the word(NOT WAY TEACHING)

You can find a labyrinth near you to walk at this site. I understand it to be a great way to meditate and "quiet the soul". Like Todd, I think TWI is more of a maze.... a maze designed by evil men and women designed to frustrate with dead ends and false turns.

Even though The Way International is losing ground(thank God)there are many many people still lockedin the fist of error,some people will never talk about it but it is there,in nightmares and lost youth and brokenrelationships with family. I make light of things much of the time,but the flip side to that is really serious buisness and I don't likethe thought of people being abused spiritually by this so called"ministry"

All we can do is be here for them. People have to come to their own conclusions and some never will come to see or even acknowledge the pain, suffering, abuse and evil of TWI. It's like that saying, "a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

• 2 years later...