GreaseSpot Cafe

Woulda - Coulda - Shoulda

skyrider

Well, rhino my lad, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride....sure, NOW, We ALL know different. BUT, the only thing that counts is, we knew precious little back then.

Well, I would have and they should have and we could have and so on and so on and .....SO????

Sure, we all want to be the one that saved the day BUT it just did not happen that way. END OF STORY. I am thankful what happened happened and what further misery was spared, was spared. You really expect more could have been done considering the incredible manifest insanity of most at the top...??!! REALLY?? in what comic-book world would that be, pray tell???

Well, I'm certainly not your lad ... in reviewing history ... people make interpretations based on current knowledge .. they put the pieces together.

I don't think we ALL know what happened, nor do we agree on the interpretation. That is all that we are doing here ... evaluating our histories ... putting the puzzle together.

I don't quite get what you mean ... "end of story" ... I'm not thankful for what happened ... I sure don't blame Don ... or you ... but I can review.

Of course more could have been done ... terrible things happened for three decades ... how can you say it could not have been better? Sure I know what happened ... but lets review how it happened ... isn't that the idea of history?

Nothing can be done different now .. but let's remove some of the emotion ... if you review what happened at the battle of the bulge, or what started WW2 ... don't you try for an accurate interpretation?

This is about unraveling our psycho drama past ... even trained psychoanalysts walk you back through some past events ... you don't get to paint them all in pretty bright colors ...

I don't think this lesson is that hard ... if you remove some of the interference from those that want to pretend we did the best we could ... nothing could have been better ... it was good we stayed in so long .. must have been Gawd's plan ... then you can just look and consider.

I'm not quite getting where all are coming from .. different places I guess .. fine ...

for me ... I want to know reality ... add it up ... what happened ... how ...

Oh I get it now Rhino--I am dense. You think it is because Don't Worry was a big player, some still carry that worship over today? Am I wrong? No malicious voice

There is some of that .. and the first "is this the new gsc mog comment .. was mostly over something like that ... but I like to delve into these questions.

twenty years ago ... seems we could calmly take it all apart and examine .. maybe not for another twenty years.

A life altering event for both victim and those who were putting their finger in the hole trying to stop the flood. He seems to have shown real care and concern some 20 years later. Who am I to add to his memories with questions of Why? I am just glad he got out when he did--lead my hubby and I right out--chain reaction.

But, as a muckety muck--who cares?? As a human being I do care enough to offer a few words of kindness--TWI hurt me--but I never had to stand up to guns and dogs while trying to care for my little kids.

Yeah .. he was in the middle ... I have no idea what he did ... but I want the details ... and I want to ask questions. People don't like my "tone" ... no matter how many ways I say I don't blame him ... it is a sensitive subject.

My opinion is those in deepest and even us on the fringe ... do not accept all the frailties we had .. nor recognize all the screwiness ... but we can dig a little ... if someone feels guilt I tell them they were in a cult ... I don't want to tell them they were perfect ... nor was I.

Well, I'm certainly not your lad ... in reviewing history ... people make interpretations based on current knowledge .. they put the pieces together.

I don't think we ALL know what happened, nor do we agree on the interpretation. That is all that we are doing here ... evaluating our histories ... putting the puzzle together.

I don't quite get what you mean ... "end of story" ... I'm not thankful for what happened ... I sure don't blame Don ... or you ... but I can review.

Of course more could have been done ... terrible things happened for three decades ... how can you say it could not have been better? Sure I know what happened ... but lets review how it happened ... isn't that the idea of history?

Nothing can be done different now .. but let's remove some of the emotion ... if you review what happened at the battle of the bulge, or what started WW2 ... don't you try for an accurate interpretation?

This is about unraveling our psycho drama past ... even trained psychoanalysts walk you back through some past events ... you don't get to paint them all in pretty bright colors ...

I don't think this lesson is that hard ... if you remove some of the interference from those that want to pretend we did the best we could ... nothing could have been better ... it was good we stayed in so long .. must have been Gawd's plan ... then you can just look and consider.

I'm not quite getting where all are coming from .. different places I guess .. fine ...

for me ... I want to know reality ... add it up ... what happened ... how ...

my lad--it's a turn of a phrase, qwit bein so g-d literal....sheesh...

of course we can examine it but you seem to indicate you or it could have been done better... really, ya think?!

I am glad what happened happened because if the lid did not come off for 10 more years it would have been FAR, FAR worse, not because I'm glad for the evil...no shiite, sherlock...

"""Of course more could have been done ... terrible things happened for three decades ... how can you say it could not have been better? Sure I know what happened ... but lets review how it happened ... isn't that the idea of history?"""

where did I say it could not have been better??? I SAID, WHAT WAS, WAS----- fer krap's sake, now who's reading into shi-iitt, huh???

where did I say it could not have been better??? I SAID, WHAT WAS, WAS----- fer krap's sake, now who's reading into shi-iitt, huh???

well .. you actually said ...

Sure, we all want to be the one that saved the day BUT it just did not happen that way. END STORY.
I am thankful what happened happened
and what further misery was spared, was spared.
You really expect more could have been done
considering the incredible manifest insanity of most at the top...
??
!! REALLY??
in what comic-book world
would that be, pray tell???

I think I read you correctly ... I guess not ... I sense hostility ... what is the source of that? :beer:

Edited by rhino

well .. you actually said ...

Sure, we all want to be the one that saved the day BUT it just did not happen that way. END STORY.
I am thankful what happened happened
and what further misery was spared, was spared.
You really expect more could have been done
considering the incredible manifest insanity of most at the top...
??
!! REALLY??
in what comic-book world
would that be, pray tell???

I think I read you correctly ... I guess not ... I sense hostility ... what is the source of that? :beer:

you probably sense irritation, frustration and impatience, but no hostility...you have not harmed me one whit, nothing to be hostile about.

I sense a tad of obtuseness on your part...unwillingness to accept what is and a feeling that it should have been done differently. Well, no argument there but what was, was; what is, is. All our re-examining will not add or subtract at all. Feels like you don't seem to want to see that...the internet cafe is a poor place to read and sense what others are driving at, I suppose.... :drink:

My only concern is that no more people get hurt!

Their has been enough hurt and wrong doing intentionally or unintentionally,some people don't

think before they speak.

Many us us are on differant levels of the healing process,some are just numb to it and refuse

to crack it open,just like some people are afraid to cry cause it's hard to stop,but we all have

a responsibilty NOW as humans to hurt or help.

I didn't get a chance to read all of the posts on this thread, but I have one comment. When you get involved in an organization like TWI in your early 20s and you stick around through your 30s and sometimes 40s, your thinking becomes conditioned. I saw things that didn't make sense, but my logic was to make excuses that anything evil was happening.

Thank God I wasn't one of the women approached for sex. I can't say for sure that I would have headed for the hills ifI had been convinced it was a service for the MOG. I remember when LCM taught in the Believer's Family Class that it was OK for single people to get their needs met, I raised an eyebrow, but I didn't dare question anything the MOG said. That's where the mind conditioning was happening.

One thing I've learned through all of this is that you can stand back in hindsite of a situation and say "I wouldn't have let that happen." But the reality is different at the moment when your common sense ethics are being contradicted by what the MOG says. If you hear the contradiction enough times, you start to believe it. That's how mind control works. That was/is an every day even at TWI.

One thing I've learned through all of this is that you can stand back in hindsite of a situation and say "I wouldn't have let that happen." But the reality is different at the moment when your common sense ethics are being contradicted by what the MOG says. If you hear the contradiction enough times, you start to believe it. That's how mind control works. That was/is an every day even at TWI.

Yeah......the reality of being there is ALOT different.

Kinda like that ole boxing cliche: "Every boxer has a plan until the first punch is thrown."