GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI on Facebook

Thomas Loy Bumgarner

Well, after MySpace and YouTube, Facebook has joined with youth and old fuddy duddies talking about our favorite cult. Most are open, but a couple are closed to the public or by invitation by the administrator of the website. No disagreement is allowed or you may be booted off that group(Mark and Avoid anyone?). Present any true facts and statistics, and you get booed and hissed for having devil spirits. Only say nice things about them and they will be friends forever. Not interested in joining them. Found out C***s McK**n from Kentucky is on ever site as a contributor(wondered why he hadn't been heard in a long time here on GSC). btw, he is in his 50's, not as he pretended to be here in his 20's.

Edited by modbaker
Edited to remove name

Yeah I noticed this when I was checking out Steph's profile on Facebook. On the group "The Way International", it reads:

Description:

"Have you ever really wanted to understand God's Word? Have you ever really wanted to put the Word on in your life? Has the adversary been heavy on you lately? Then, join this cause. It's not a cult; it's a good place to start understanding God. Take the Foundational Class and learn about God. Take it from me, I thought for a while that I knew all about God, I read the Bible, went to church, I prayed, I didn't do anything wrong. I took the Foundational Class July of 2007. I enjoyed every bit of it. I learned so much and I was so excited!!"

~~Laura Edgar August 23, 2007

I love how Laura has to qualify that and say that it's not a cult. :rolleyes:

About 75% are hispanic. The most I have seen listed as members just over 400 but most are from Mexico, Central and South America. Only about 25-35 are from the USA, none from Africa or Asia so far. Gee, what happened to The Word Over The World by 2000? Chile and Columbia seem to top out in the list. Strange, so far no one from Belize. Also Spirit and Truth Fellowship has also joined Facebook but so far only 35 people. Both seem to be teenagers primarily, very few" oldies"................................... :biglaugh:

Edited by modbaker
Edited to remove references to posters not participating in this thread.

• 2 months later...
About 75% are hispanic. The most I have seen listed as members just over 400 but most are from Mexico, Central and South America. Only about 25-35 are from the USA, none from Africa or Asia so far. Gee, what happened to The Word Over The World by 2000? Chile and Columbia seem to top out in the list. Strange, so far no one from Belize. Also Spirit and Truth Fellowship has also joined Facebook but so far only 35 people. Both seem to be teenagers primarily, very few" oldies"................................... :biglaugh:

What! From Mexico? Those are MY people. :doh: Well..I will have to go talk to them.

Probably Catholics with no knowledge of bible(poor souls,I can relate...twi got me hook line and sinker)

How do I find this?

Edited by cheranne

Cher, under groups type The Way International like you might do for any potential group that is on Facebook(if you have an account there-not sure about visitors).Likewise for Spirit and Truth Fellowship.