GreaseSpot Cafe

If you don't control your thoughts the advisary will...

Jim

This is from page 6 of DWA, mid 1970s:

"Satan manipulates the minds of God's people with surprising ease and efficiency.

The undisciplined mind is open to Satan's attacks."

(Same idea---just stated a bit differently.)

Edited by waysider

I heard it explicitly taught that if you don't control your thoughts the adversary will: through tv, your friends, family, kids, what you have in your home.

Ah yes those evil children (BTW my children are the two coolest people I know and for anyone who disagrees with me hanging with them and LISTENING TO THEM - p(ss off) - lets not forget reading (unless TWI approved), music (unless produced by Way Destructions - God forbid you listen to Tchaikovsky), enjoying time with your family instead of going out door to freaking door selling Jesus on a green card stick, artwork (unless done by someone in TWI which you paid TWI for a print of), hmmm oh yes let's also not forget the science disciplines - all that they did was promote earthly thinking of one sort or another. Oh yeah...third aid!!! - that lovely piece of "non-grooved" thinking where someone with no medical training or skills told you to eat golden seal because you were bleeding from some unknown cause...medical practitioners are, after all, proof that you are not believing - THUS allowing the adversary to "cut grooves" in your brain (per Bramble above). Therapists?!?! OF THE DEVIL!!!! And on and on and on.

Unless you did NOTHING but TWI related activities, thoughts etc you were devil fodder...what bunk...and someone in another thread adamantly denies that we were in a cult...hold on here - lemme go get another bottle of Drambuie and think about that for a second...

Meanwhile - Wierwille was drinking all day - (I've seen him hammered by noon), sexually abusing women half his age or less, going to California in the late 60's and asking to go to an orgy, temper tantrums, private plane, coaches, red carpets... oh yeah - excellent control of your thoughts Vic...

Edited by RumRunner

Control your thoughts...what a novel concept...and by the way, we'll tell you what to think. Because if you don't think the way we tell you to think, the devil will enter into your life!!!

Sorry Ajax, no deal...been there, done that...twi can kiss my a **.

My thoughts come by fiat...I decide...and my thoughts are based upon my own Christian beliefs and how they relate to any given situation. I call em like I see em.

I'd rather smoke dope and listen to Jefferson Airplane than to ever listen to another cult leader.

I did control my thoughts, and it royally ticked off more than a few people in TWI, because I wouldn't let them control them.

Sure I wanted to fit in. Sure I wanted to "let go and let God" but not if it did not feel like the best thing for me, so I continued to control my own thoughts and did what I believed was best.