GreaseSpot Cafe

Did music play a part

cheranne

I always loved this music and moody blues and cat stevens ,I was a soul searching young personplus the fact I was smack dab in the middle of the Jesus movement,(Godspell,Jesus Christ Superstar)by the time The Way came around I had done just the right amount of meditating on these kindalyrics. what did you listen to before your experience in finding twi?

what did you listen to before your experience in finding twi?

King Crimson, Spirit, Audience, Traffic, CS&N, Eric Anderson, Nina Simone, Van der Graaf Generator, Ten Wheel Drive, Zepher, Muddy Waters, Electric Flag, Paul Butterfield, Joni Mitchell-------Whew!! etc., etc., etc., etc.

Music was a VERY big part of my life before TWI.

Those early groups like PDST, Selah, Good Seed and so on, were a real attraction for me.

Early on I was told I would need to give up the "devilish" stuff.

I never would have done that had there not been some of those early believers' groups to fill the void and somewhat sate my musical appetite. But, as far as satisfying a "spiritual" need, I would have to say "no". They filled a musical void.

Edited by waysider

Music was a VERY big part of my life before TWI.

Music was --well-- IS--a huge part of my life.

Many of the 'larger' questions that I had were initiated in my formative years by some of the huge epic style english bands that I listened to a lot at the time. I must've listened to Tulls Thick As A Brick and Passion Play about a billion times- trying to figure the meaning in the elusive lyrics as well as being carried away by the oddly framed musically timing. To ME at the time (I was Kid) it was an eye opening experience that opened a window and "painted a picture" of a way of looking at things that I had not experienced before---

Yes's "Tales Of Topographic Oceans" was another one I listened to alot, although not as much as Tull

The Revealing Science Of God.

I liked the big bombastic progressive bands to get ideas from :biglaugh: , I had a girlfriend at the time who reinforced things by listening to Cat Stevens and stuff that had sort of a spiritual element but was a lot less pretentious

Edited by mstar1

music has been and always will be one of "the" parts of my spiritual journey

when i went to see superstar on broadway (i think it was 8th grade class trip), i cried and cried and cried

when someone knocked on my door my freshman year to witness to me, i had to take the needle off godspell. i don't quite get that