GreaseSpot Cafe

195 guest in the last 35 minutes

Ham

Now its down to 123..

the eyes of strange, eerie internet things of da night are upon us..

Welcome, you strange, eerie things..

:wave:

:biglaugh:

ON another forum I was on we had a discussion about Guns well more than guns automatic weapons good grief our numbers jumped.

IT was funny.

now 119..

I wouldn't think it would be government bots.. greasespot is pretty benign in content..

probably the biggest threat would be if the "bad people" got too close, and old timer ex-culties here would beat them with their canes..

:biglaugh:

There have been a few times when the guest list jumped up to over a thousand all of the sudden. Once I hastily went through the forum pages to see where they all were and could not find them in the forums.

I didn't know that google's work schedule could effect the list. I liked the idea of some larger group talking in a private forum even though I might have given them the "puppydog looking through the window eyes" if I could have.

No Not Government bots definitely advertising Bots.. They peruse the pages and then teh adds are taylored to the topic on the pages and it goes on all the time just some times they hit a site all at teh same time for what ever reason.

LOL Ham the other forum I was on is even more benign than this one... it is a bunch of ladies talking about kids pets and crafts and our day to day lives.. What started the gun discussion was a hello Kitty Machine gun picture (Shopped of Course) which prompted some other picture posts of some women decorated guns.... Pink Stocks and the like.

Suddenly we had hundreds of Bot hits it was pretty amazing and quick with in hours of starting to post about them

What is a bot?

LOL Bot short for Robot but really it is a web crawler program that searches forums and posts and calculates use of certain words to more effectivly post adds per teh conversation... see at the top of this post I wrote about guns and now we have a gun add at the top