GreaseSpot Cafe

What happened with John Towsend?

themex

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:offtopic: slightly...

As to liable and slander and defamation of character, the main point to consider is that there MUST be two elements - the intention to defame and a LIE.

So - If I call Groucho a "scum-sucking SOB" and he takes me to court and produces proof that I am either lying or intending to hurt his fine reputation - I'm screwed.

OTOH- He won't fare well if an investigation produces an algae-filled pond in his backyard, surrounded by straws, and a house filled with family pictures showing a Great Dane as his mother. :) His case would be dismissed as frivolous. BUT- then again, he wouldn't be stupid enough to sue me if that were the truth - he'd most likely take it as a complement.

Now- as to JT- all the other talk about third hand stories is just fluff and filler. It's all circumstantial. That woman could be anyone of many. The "possible scenario" where a female just happens to read Groucho's (now deleted) statement, figures out who Groucho is, and also figures out that she is that woman, and then decides that too much information was given....

Oh .. and BTW- as to juries... lawyers are told to expect that they will be presenting their case to "12 K-Mart shoppers."

...back to the regularly scheduled snorting, sorry for the rude interruption.

Edited by doojable

So - If I call Groucho a "scum-sucking SOB" and he takes me to court and produces proof that I am either lying or intending to hurt his fine reputation - I'm screwed.

OTOH- He won't fare well if an investigation produces an algae-filled pond in his backyard, surrounded by straws, and a house filled with family pictures showing a Great Dane as his mother. :) His case would be dismissed as frivolous. BUT- then again, he wouldn't be stupid enough to sue me if that were the truth - he'd most likely take it as a complement.

I don't use straws...I have a 3 foot section of garden hose that I use...

I've driven through Beaver Creek..

it's mostly haughty taughty (sp?) neighborhood..

I ask myself.. "who is going to rent a high class place for a mogwanabe"..

who knows..

won't last very long.. or much longer..

Oh I don't know they have lived in their house for a number of years, run a fellowship there. Seem to be enjoying life just fine at least last time I spoke with them. Johnny has been a good friend through the years.

Oh and Bolshevic thanks for the offer to deliver eggs and TP ,but I think they have markets in those hoity-toity areas to get things like eggs TP and deodorant.

Edited to add of course what do I know I only live in Kansas according to some posters. Then again I'll take on any challenges to the facts I post as being wrong.

Edited by WhiteDove

Neither story deleted was third hand Dooj, please give me more credit then that.

Rascal - I'm sorry you misinterpreted my post. I never meant to insinuate that either story was untrue.

Now- as to JT- all the other talk about third hand stories is just fluff and filler. It's all circumstantial. That woman could be anyone of many. The "possible scenario" where a female just happens to read Groucho's (now deleted) statement, figures out who Groucho is, and also figures out that she is that woman, and then decides that too much information was given....

In the above quote I was saying how unlikely it is that JT would sue and how unlikely it is that the woman in question would have a concern.

Edited by doojable