GreaseSpot Cafe

Once ever 28 years - this year on April 8

Well it's a pretty picture but the premise????? I can't go with that premise betting YOUR money let alone mine.

it's not money.. it's numbers on a hard drive somewhere..

:)

you can bet all my numbers, zeros (the few that there are) and all..

:biglaugh:

Cool

In all likelihood I wont find myself in a synagogue on the 8th--So I found the readings and the service

HERE.

Praise the L-rd. Praise the L-rd from the heavens; praise Him in the celestial heights. Praise Him, all His angels; praise Him, all His hosts. Praise Him, sun and moon; praise Him, all the shining stars. Praise Him, heaven of heavens, and the waters that are above the heavens. Let them praise the Name of the L-rd, for He commanded and they were created. He has established them forever, for all time; He issued a decree, and it shall not be transgressed.

Blessed are You, L-rd our G‑d, King of the universe, who re-enacts the work of Creation.

Blessed are You, L-rd our G‑d, King of the universe, who has granted us life, sustained us, and enabled us to reach this occasion.

For the Choirmaster; a Psalm by David. The heavens recount the glory of the Almighty; the sky proclaims His handiwork. Day to day speech streams forth; night to night expresses knowledge. There is no utterance, there are no words; their voice is inaudible. Their arc extends throughout the world; their message to the end of the earth. He set in them [in the heavens] a tent for the sun which is like a groom coming forth from his bridal canopy, like a strong man rejoicing to run the course. Its rising is at one end of the heavens, and its orbit encompasses the other ends; nothing is hidden from its heat. The Torah of the L-rd is perfect, restoring the soul; the testimony of the L-rd is trustworthy, making wise the simpleton. The precepts of the L-rd are just, rejoicing the heart; the mitzvah of the L-rd is clear, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the L-rd is pure, abiding forever; the judgments of the L-rd are true, they are all righteous together. They are more desirable than gold, than much fine gold; sweeter than honey or the drippings of the honeycomb. Indeed, Your servant is scrupulous with them; in observing them there is abundant reward. Yet, who can discern inadvertent wrongs? Purge me of hidden sins. Also, hold back Your servant from willful sins; let them not prevail over me; then I will be unblemished and keep myself clean of gross transgression. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable before You, L-rd, my Strength and my Redeemer.

A song of ascents. I lift my eyes to the mountains—from where will my help come? My help will come from the L-rd, Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot falter; your guardian does not slumber. Indeed, the Guardian of Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps. The L-rd is your guardian; the L-rd is your protective shade at your right hand. The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The L-rd will guard you from all evil; He will guard your soul. The L-rd will guard your going and coming from now and for all time.

Praise the L-rd. Praise G‑d in His holiness; praise Him in the firmament of His strength. Praise Him for His mighty acts; praise Him according to His abundant greatness. Praise Him with the call of the shofar; praise Him with harp and lyre. Praise Him with timbrel and dance; praise Him with stringed instruments and flute. Praise Him with resounding cymbals; praise Him with clanging cymbals. Let every being that has a soul praise the L-rd. Praise the L-rd.

Our Rabbis taught: One who sees the sun at its turning point, should say, "Blessed be He who re-enacts the [work of] creation." When is this? Abbaye said: Every twenty-eight years, when the cycle begins again, and the Nissan [spring] equinox falls in Saturn, on the evening of Tuesday, going into Wednesday.

For the Choirmaster; a song with instrumental music; a Psalm. May G‑d be gracious to us and bless us, may He make His countenance shine upon us forever, that Your way be known on earth, Your salvation among all nations. The nations will extol You, O G‑d; all the nations will extol You. The nations will rejoice and sing for joy, for You will judge the peoples justly and guide the nations on earth forever. The peoples will extol You, O G‑d; all the peoples will extol You, for the earth will have yielded its produce, and G‑d, our G‑d, will bless us. G‑d will bless us; and all, from the farthest corners of the earth, shall fear Him. ,

It is incumbent upon us to praise the Master of all things, to exalt the Creator of all existence, that He has not made us like the nations of the world, nor caused us to be like the families of the earth; that He has not assigned us a portion like theirs, nor a lot like that of all their multitudes, for they bow to vanity and nothingness. But we bend the knee, bow down, and offer praise before the supreme King of kings, the Holy One, blessed be He, who stretches forth the heavens and establishes the earth, the seat of whose glory is in the heavens above, and the abode of whose majesty is in the loftiest heights. He is our G‑d; there is none else. Truly, He is our King; there is nothing besides Him, as it is written in His Torah: Know this day and take unto your heart that the L-rd is G‑d; in the heavens above and upon the earth below there is nothing else ,

And therefore we hope to You, L-rd our G‑d, that we may speedily behold the splendor of Your might, to banish idolatry from the earth—and false G‑ds will be utterly destroyed; to perfect the world under the sovereignty of the Almighty. All mankind shall invoke Your Name, to turn to You all the wicked of the earth. Then all the inhabitants of the world will recognize and know that every knee should bend to You, every tongue should swear [by Your Name]. Before You, L-rd our G‑d, they will bow and prostrate themselves, and give honor to the glory of Your Name; and they will all take upon themselves the yoke of Your kingdom. May You soon reign over them forever and ever, for kingship is Yours, and to all eternity You will reign in glory, as it is written in Your Torah: The L-rd will reign forever and ever. 8 And it is said: The L-rd will be King over the entire earth; on that day the L-rd will be One and His Name One.