the way international and muddy waters

brainfixed

what about when someone says in response to asking for an opinion,

"God's Word is His greatest work

a career studying another thing is the His second greatest,

now, make a decision"

a rush-decision false dilemma? :biglaugh:

Edited by Bolshevik

"Do you agree with LCM, or are you possessed?" Obviously, there are times when it was possible to disagree with him and not be possessed. :rolleyes:

When the actual truth is closer to "do you agree with LCM, or is he possessed?" and the answer is obvious.

Like Jesus said of the Pharisees, they call darkness light, and light darkness. That's true gaslighting for you.

Muddy (aka McKinnley Morganfield) is best known for his unmistakable baritone voice, slide guitar and authorship of countless classics covered by everyone from The Rolling Stones to Led Zepplin. But, many people don't realize he started as a harp player. That may be why harmonica played a major role in almost every band he ever led. The list of harp players who worked with him reads like a "who's who" of musicians. It included the likes of Little Walter Jacobs, Big Walter Horton, Junior Wells, James Cotton, Paul Butterfield, Paul Oscher, Jerry Portnoy, George Smith, George Buford, Sonny Boy II, and so forth. And, you could compile a similar list of guitar players, piano players, drummers and bass players.

TWI, on the other hand, is best known for---OK, I can't think of anything right now. Give me a moment. :biglaugh:

This off topic, but you, Waysider, and you, Rumrunner need to stop at the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland if you haven't already. They have an awesome exhibit on Muddy Waters.

This off topic, but you, Waysider, and you, Rumrunner need to stop at the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland if you haven't already. They have an awesome exhibit on Muddy Waters.

Thanks Erk - I actually lived in Cleveland (east side) for a couple of years - and uhh I know this makes me weird - but I liked that town. I appreciate the advice on the HOF.

what a thoroughly educational discussion is happening here! thanks everybody. for one thing i always thought "gaslighting" was lighting your farts on fire. :blink:

and i didn't know that "muddy waters" was a famous person or even for what. :asdf:

gaslighting.. lighting your farts on fire..

:biglaugh:

The Dennis the Menace movie.. Walter Mathieu and the kid.. can't remember his name.. who was the bad guy. reminds me a lot of that scene where the bad guy had lots of intestinal "fortitude" to eat beans by the campfire, to get down to where the *key* (to the handcuffs) was buried in the pot of beans..

:biglaugh: