GreaseSpot Cafe

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

taxicab

I don't know, but I will say that waking prisoners up in the middle of the night with a "bang" was a brain-washing technique used by the North Koreans. At least that's what I was taught in Principles of Democracy class in high school. I heard the same thing taught by John Somerville when I was College Division when the 6th Corps was in residence. LCM was at that same meeting. I'm not drawing any hard and fast conclusions here. Still, maybe there's a correlation. Then again, maybe not.

I mentioned the high school class thing to give it more credibility.

There was definitely CORRELATION.

Whether or not there was CAUSATION would be the question.

(The ideas and practices co-existed in the same place at the same time.

The question is if one inspired the other.)

You're right, for a Christian Ministry, there was absolutely no "Compassion" of any kind. Here's another question. I heard the whole Myth of the Six Million Rant more than once, but does anyone remember Wierwille saying that we fought on the wrong side in WWII?

I don't recall VPW saying it but I do recall one of his minions saying it. It gave me chills. Wish I had the good sense to have left right then.

• 2 years later...

I remember them saying that you don't get to the top without spirit.

According to TWI thinking, anyone who publicly advocated peace and harmony had to be a "seed boy".

Oh, the horrors of it all!

Ohhhh! I've been wondering about complaints I'd heard about this man - the only explanation (without details) I was ever offered was the communist one, which to me did not automatically make him evil. Another of those times when I just didn't think it worth it to keep asking questions, when any "discussion" would end with "it is said (by some higher-up)."

I remember we got a very special gift at the end of it - a picture of LCM himself in the rainbow tights outfit, javelin held back to throw and impale any seed boys that happened around.

I need to wash my eyes out with soap now...

that juxtaposed against MLK on the Lincoln Memorial steps is just too weird a way to start the day