GreaseSpot Cafe

a side affect i didn't figure on

brainfixed

this is "about the way" because i think i'm "finding my voice" or something like it in that "about the way indeed" discussion and i didn't figure on it because i figured on people resorting to their way training and hiding behind bullying and innuendo and corps tactics and the stuff they were taught in the way international when their stuff stank and they didn't want to smell it, but what's happening is that while i duke it out i'm finding out that i'm fighting battles i wish i could have fought while a hostage in the way international and it's good, real good. but i'm also finding out that my stuff stinks (just a little bit lol) too and hey look ma i have way international harshness too and some other stuff like being so set in my own way of thinking that somebody has to point out another way of thinking before i even consider the possibility.

but i started this discussion to say that sometimes a good duking it out can be good (so long as people play by the rules) as a learning experience. but i wouldn't recommend it as a way to start out around here because i had to take a big break before i could see through some of the shenanigans that excult people can pull on one another without even knowing it (most of the time).

Hugs Brainfixed...

welcome to the long road out.

Step one... we all have stinky stuff and way brain!

step two... learning to eradicate the way brain!

Hoists a big cup of coffee and a donut! Cheers!

thanks! and hugs back! and step three might be not expecting that everybody that's been around here for a long time has figured out their stuff already. i just figured that one out just now. :thinking: sometimes my brain isn't so fixed. lol

Oh Yeah

and Step four for me was figuring out that some of the icky stuff isn't just way brain but peoples real natures, mine included.

After I was here for a while I started to figure it out.. Hmmm I think I just passed my one year anniversary of grease spot.

anyway.. you make some great points.

Let me keep this straight.. . . . Way brained if you don't see things the way someone here thinks you should. . . .

Not using "critical thinking" if you think there is enough evidence provided to consider the bible the words of God.

Deluded and superstitious if you believe in God.

Having cognitive dissonance if you pray for someone. . . .

And my personal favorite. . . . the classic. . . . you can't declare your belief "truth" because it is just your belief. . . . . in other words . . . the person telling you that is actually declaring what is true. . . . . but, somehow THAT is acceptable.

Got it.

Let me keep this straight.. . . . Way brained if you don't see things the way someone here thinks you should. . . .

Not using "critical thinking" if you think there is enough evidence provided to consider the bible the words of God.

And my personal favorite. . . . the classic. . . . you can't declare your belief "truth" because it is just your belief. . . . . in other words . . . the person telling you that is actually declaring what is true. . . . . but, somehow THAT is acceptable.

Got it.

woah, twilight zone moment here. what's this about?

Oh Yeah

and Step four for me was figuring out that some of the icky stuff isn't just way brain but peoples real natures, mine included.

After I was here for a while I started to figure it out.. Hmmm I think I just passed my one year anniversary of grease spot.

anyway.. you make some great points.

oh yah, real natures, yah. happy anniversary! you make great points, too. thanks.

Got it.

Geisha: Are you posting in the right thread? don't see where you got that from brainfixed's post. It looks like you're arguing with George Aar!

Good Point Brainfixed :eusa_clap: Mostly when I was out I was fighting the battle within myself to unlearn wrong teachings from TWI,and if I went to a church service not agreeing with all they spoke of either!

It was like looking at the word "SURRENDER" writting in the sky and knowing I should but I didn't want to! :blush: like pulling teeth!

That was my fight.

Geisha: Are you posting in the right thread? don't see where you got that from brainfixed's post. It looks like you're arguing with George Aar!

I put it in the wrong thread :) . . . . it was prompted by several posts in several threads . . . . I meant to put it in Critical Thinking.

Good Point Brainfixed :eusa_clap: Mostly when I was out I was fighting the battle within myself to unlearn wrong teachings from TWI,and if I went to a church service not agreeing with all they spoke of either!

It was like looking at the word "SURRENDER" writting in the sky and knowing I should but I didn't want to! :blush: like pulling teeth!

That was my fight.

one of two things that happen with people that have been burned/victimized is that they don't trust anything that even remotely resembles the thing that burned/victimized them, or that they go overboard trying to fix the problem in some way, so some people will reject everything similar and some people will embrace everything similar trying to make it right somehow. in the extreme example some women will stop being sexual at all after being raped and some women will become promiscuous after being raped. i see that with the whole religion thing around here a lot, that people tend to go one way or another in that they reject religion totally or embrace religion to the extreme. not all people and i am generalizing but i'm just saying that yah i get your battle and it makes total sense and it was "normal" if there is such a thing.

i see that with the whole religion thing around here a lot, that people tend to go one way or another in that they reject religion totally or embrace religion to the extreme. not all people and i am generalizing but i'm just saying that yah i get your battle and it makes total sense and it was "normal" if there is such a thing.

Good observation

That was my fight.

Reply to myself and others who may have felt this way from the battle within,I remembered this song that better describes my feelings.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

the words that say it's hard enough to drink the wine,expressions on the face of the saviour...and so on and so forth...early on leaving twi I felt inside I had betrayed Christ

with a kiss like Judas and I wanted to die.

BUT! That is how cult mindset works. People that leave twi feel all kinds of things

such as "greasespots" (as we were told we would become)but NONE of those lies are true

NONE of It.

I didn't plan on that side effect either. I'm just saying....that is how I felt. :(

this is "about the way" because i think i'm "finding my voice" or something like it in that "about the way indeed" discussion and i didn't figure on it because i figured on people resorting to their way training and hiding behind bullying and innuendo and corps tactics and the stuff they were taught in the way international when their stuff stank and they didn't want to smell it, but what's happening is that while i duke it out i'm finding out that i'm fighting battles i wish i could have fought while a hostage in the way international and it's good, real good. but i'm also finding out that my stuff stinks (just a little bit lol) too and hey look ma i have way international harshness too and some other stuff like being so set in my own way of thinking that somebody has to point out another way of thinking before i even consider the possibility.

but i started this discussion to say that sometimes a good duking it out can be good (so long as people play by the rules) as a learning experience. but i wouldn't recommend it as a way to start out around here because i had to take a big break before i could see through some of the shenanigans that excult people can pull on one another without even knowing it (most of the time).

Hmmmmmmmm.... if your life isn't going great, who do you have to blame? Also, learn to communicate, deciphering your post was daunting.

(Note)to adjust the sound go to previous post(of YOUTUBE Crosby Still and Nash on this thread and just turn up the volume.)Thanks ya'll.

i'm going to add a step 1 when dealing with "excultists" and say "they may be talking to you but they may not be relating to you".

That is so true! Something the local church sometimes mistakes for you knowing the bible!

SLAM ON THE BRAKES PEOPLE there is a subtle twist to knowing twi material and KNOWING JESUS!

Finding your voice can be "daunting" and that is what this thread is about the side effects

people experience.

The beauty of a flower-The emotions of a stone.

I believe people coming here are all in transition and constant healing,as we are all

human.

Finding your voice is what is important.

(Note)to adjust the sound go to previous post(of YOUTUBE Crosby Still and Nash on this thread and just turn up the volume.)Thanks ya'll.

it's my computer for sure because windows keeps overwriting my new sound card and i haven't taken the time to figure out how to stop that from happening yet but i think i'm going to get my co-worker buddy over to look at it for me and then maybe i can listen to lots of things i've been missing. :eusa_clap:

That is so true! Something the local church sometimes mistakes for you knowing the bible!

SLAM ON THE BRAKES PEOPLE there is a subtle twist to knowing twi material and KNOWING JESUS!

oh yah! i'll never forget the first time i realized that people had a relationship with jesus and weren't thinking about how many were crucified with him, how many "stripes" he had laid on his back, which day he really died on, whether he was 12 or 13 when he was taken to the temple, that mary wasn't a virgin when he was born, that he wasn't a baby but a toddler when the wise men visited him, that his last name was "christ" and without using both his first and last name you were addressing a devil spirit and and all that crapola when they were thinking about jesus, but that they were thinking about a friend, about a real being that spent time with them and comforted them and listened to them and someone they listened to when they read or heard his words read, that he is truly a living being to hundreds of thousands of people, not some twice removed name to toss around when commanding others or trying to get what you want.

I've found out that it is healthy sometimes to have an argument with people. IMO it usually happens that way when I feel they aren't listening. If they shut down me, then it comes out somewhere. But it wasn't like that in the Way. They value compliace, and obedience. There is no place for your voice there.