GreaseSpot Cafe

Sickness is death----

waysider

But was it not YOU who began this discussion by inferring his medical and "biology" knowledge of cells was faulty??

You are correct in stating that I was the one who introduced the biological aspect.

My intention was to rule that particular aspect out of the discussion.

When I took the Advanced Class, the implication was that every time you became sick, you either died completely or you died "a little bit", a cumulative effect, so to speak. ("Sickness is death in part or in whole.")

Here are the original questions I posted:

Questions to ponder:

What (if anything) does this really mean?

Is there any scriptural basis to support this?

Did Wierwille, perhaps, simply "borrow" this phrase from some other source?

"Sickness is death in part or in whole."

In the context of the AC, VPW was clearly suggesting that this "sickness/death" relationship was a spiritual, not simply a physical one.

Clearly? Honestly, waysider, I never considered any time that I took the AC that VP was suggesting anything other than that when you are sick, your body is dying in part. When enough of your body is sick, you die.

I don't know why anyone would consider any other suggestion. The "sickness/death" relationship is spiritual? What the heck does that even mean? If it is not even clear what that means, how can it be clear that was his suggestion?

sickness as in cell regeneration(white blood cells or cancer) makes me think Wierwille was into Science Fiction. Maybe he was The Master from Doctor Who :offtopic::smilie_kool_aid::biglaugh::evildenk:

sounds like Kenyon,Copeland, Hagin, Smith Wigglesworth, Lester Sumrall, maybe Rufus Mosley, Derek Prince

More on the "spiritual connection" from page 31

"There was no sickness or disease before sin was manifested; therefore,sin came with the Devil and man's acceptance of the Devil's lie brought sickness and death into evidence."

Okay, but so? Maybe I'm missing the connection here, but that speaks to the origin of sin and sickness and death on a grand scale. It doesn't follow that everytime someone is sick, it is because of sin in their life. As a matter of fact, VP taught the opposite, negating the idea that sickness in the life of an individual (and any death in part involved) can be interpreted as having a direct spiritual connection.

No?