GreaseSpot Cafe

Tormenting telemarketers

Twinky

There is a telephone number you can call and have your name/number removed from the call lists. Sorry, I don't remember the number as it was several years ago. I haven't had any telemarketer calls since.

Just a little info in case some are bugged by them...

There is a telephone number you can call and have your name/number removed from the call lists. Sorry, I don't remember the number as it was several years ago. I haven't had any telemarketer calls since.

Just a little info in case some are bugged by them...

Just go to http://www.donotcall.gov You can add multiple numbers including cell phones. Telemarketers will still BS you and tell you they are only calling with a survey and are exempt...that's when you can have some fun...like tell them you'll take their survey if they'll take yours. Then, without hesitation, you immediately start asking questions about their personal hygiene and sexual appetites. They usually hang up pretty quickly.

There is another way to get back at telemarkers. I can't find the link. I recalled if a telemarker calls you you just say. Just hit ** and say "operator trace this call "or say "officer trace this call". I tried it a few times and it worked and was never called back again.