GreaseSpot Cafe

"what we believe" statement

year2027

Ok, I'll take a stab at it. What I believe........

I believe in the general goodness of people when all the circumstances are lined up in the right directions.

I also believe people lie and manipulate if it serves their cause and they'll do so without a shred of remorse or even concern.

Since this is a site About The Way I believe that The Way was a good idea in the Weirwille's basement with a few fellars sitting around the fireplace yaking about the Bible and it got sorely out of hand in a manner too fast for anyone to try to or want to stop.

I believe the children should respect and revere their parents but the parents gotta earn that stuff.

I believe that in this journey we do the best we can to get up in the morning and climb through the day. Sometimes it's an easy adventure, other times it sux beyond our stamina, but at the end of the day before we put head to pillow, we ought assess that day and be damn sure we did our level best. If we didn't, pray for tomorrow to get here sooner in order that we might remedy, apologize, repair and/or otherwise fix what might be fixed.

I believe that people who harm children should combust immediately once proven.

I believe in love and I believe in the giving and recieving of same when and only when two people are willing to communicate in every possible manner and not be afraid.

I believe that I am on this earth for more than my kids or my man, although those fill a great place and, in fact, come first. I believe I also serve a purpose to humankind in general but have no clue what that might be.

I believe that tomorrow might arrive and if it does, it will probably close in the usual fashion with the hopes of another one.

I believe that the tongue is the most powerful weapon and should be brandished with the most extreme care.

I believe that life is good, God had it figured out and somewhere along the line something horrid fu cked it up.

I used to believe I could fly, now I know I can walk, even if some days I have to literally grab my pant leg to do so.

I believe in the power of the human condition to do as much harm as it does good in equal speed.

I believe that if we don't open our eyes, ears and mouth, we'll soon be blind, deaf and mute.

Edited by Shellon
  • Upvote 1

Oh yeah, and I also believe that we human beings have no idea of what we are really capable toward our better good until our feet are in the fire, the gun is pointed at our head or it's the final hour.

Then I believe we rise above the bullshi+, we stand up a little taller and we stop being afraid.

This is applicable whether it's our lives, our marriages, a cult or other organization or what's in that annoying mirror.

• Upvote 1

God first

Greeting friends

with love and a holy kiss Roy

Gee Roy,

You've managed to be more thorough in regards to your statement of beliefs than some Way Ministry splinter groups without half trying....Good Job.