GreaseSpot Cafe

Center of God's Will...???...wtf

OldSkool

heh.. if I remember correctly.. "tell them to stay the h*ll out of the way.."

:biglaugh:

the "battle" has turned so.. civilized..

Yes, you are correct. I had to go look them up after getting the answer wrong. I was thinking of when he was going to fight Thulsa doom in the epic battle towards the end. The one you ad posted was the one where he first met the wizard when he was on the way to Thulsa doom the first time....lol....love Conan. :offtopic::eusa_clap::anim-smile:

"The center of God's Will" was just another wayfer slogan. They were good and wording things without putting them in to action. Slogans were huge in TWI. The first one I heard was "You have to go to grow." That was in reference to the WOW field. They also said "You'll grow 10 years spiritually in one year by going WOW."

How about "rightly-divided Word"? That was also a slogan to indicate they were the ones with the truth.

The interesting thing about the center of God's will is that someone HAS to be on the outer sides. Not everyone can be right in the center. That would make God a respector of persons.

How about this one: "power of God in manifestation". It made them sound they they had REAL connections to God. We know better now.

Edited by Nottawayfer

I read over some personal communications last night (thanks Belle) between individuals and a particular way corpse, TWIt. The phrase center of God's will came up and was used against an individual by the way corpse person and it has been nagging me all day. I mean WTF is the "center of God's Will." Reason would hold when dealing with good and evil that it's either sin or it's not. This particular instance an example was cited where some folks had followed unproven, and biblically inaccurate way ministry policy/counsel under the guise of being patient while headquarters hashed out some details to work the subject further, which is BS, anyway. Here's an excerpt, quoted this way for privacy sake

"many desire MORE to be in the center of the will of God

and are willing to await the conclusive results of the study before...."

Can someone please enlighten me on this crap? From a biblical perspective if it's not specifically forbidden then it's up to the individual to decide as they walk fellowship with the Father and with the Son. This has to be some sort of spiritually abusive manipulation.

Thanks for chiming in.

Don't quote me or anything......but, I do believe in order to be obedient to God.....you need to fear or respect Him. Meaning reverence and awe of a holy God. It also means, no adultery, lying, cheating, stealing, greed, lust, pride, scripture manipulation, or covering up sin.

Now, I am only guessing here.....but, waiting for a definitive answer on what constitutes sin, from an ungodly anti-Christ cult....is not going to put one in the center of God's anything.

Call me crazy, but adhering to a skewed health and wealth gospel taken to the most godless extreme, coupled with a "Me" centered hermeneutic is just like begging to be outside God's will.

WTF is the "center of God's Will."

Interestingly (or not), the term "God's Will" occurs only 14 times in the NIV and not once in the KJ. (I used BibleGateway.com)

Anyway, it seems to me that before one can identify and/or describe the "center" of something you first have to define what that something is.

Just me chiming in.

Slogans were huge in TWI. The first one I heard was "You have to go to grow." That was in reference to the WOW field. They also said "You'll grow 10 years spiritually in one year by going W.O.W.

Now, just how possible is it to measure "spiritual growth"? For that matter, what is "spiritual growth"? Can anyone even define it? I minored in communication in college during my TWI time and I learned all about generalizing and such. When it came to TWI I threw my brain right out the window sometimes! I even remember telling people this stuff. Just parroting what I heard. Man that hurts!

Edited by erkjohn