GreaseSpot Cafe

Center of God's Will...???...wtf

OldSkool

I read over some personal communications last night (thanks Belle) between individuals and a particular way corpse, TWIt. The phrase center of God's will came up and was used against an individual by the way corpse person and it has been nagging me all day. I mean WTF is the "center of God's Will." Reason would hold when dealing with good and evil that it's either sin or it's not. This particular instance an example was cited where some folks had followed unproven, and biblically inaccurate way ministry policy/counsel under the guise of being patient while headquarters hashed out some details to work the subject further, which is BS, anyway. Here's an excerpt, quoted this way for privacy sake

"many desire MORE to be in the center of the will of God

and are willing to await the conclusive results of the study before...."

Can someone please enlighten me on this crap? From a biblical perspective if it's not specifically forbidden then it's up to the individual to decide as they walk fellowship with the Father and with the Son. This has to be some sort of spiritually abusive manipulation.

Thanks for chiming in.

The Word of God is da Will of God.

Therefore . . .

The Center of God's Will is the book of Psalms . . .

Psalms are songs? . . .

Sooooo. . . The Center of God's Will is Way Productions . . .

The center of which is . . . Ted Ph!Ll!ps ?

Be Ted, Oldskool, unlock your inner Ted . . .

The Word of God is da Will of God.

Therefore . . .

The Center of God's Will is the book of Psalms . . .

Psalms are songs? . . .

Sooooo. . . The Center of God's Will is Way Productions . . .

The center of which is . . . Ted Ph!Ll!ps ?

Be Ted, Oldskool, unlock your inner Ted . . .

Irrefutable logic.

Thus, I too, am ready for Ted.

The main problem with all the TWI leadership's "center of God's will" argument is that it is really used interchangeably with "the center of Rosie's will", or whatever leader is using that phrase to impose their will upon the unsuspecting victim. It really means "doing exactly what that leader wants you to do".

Yet when you examine their lives with that kind of scrutiny it is so far from holding up. I mean I guess maintaining a harem besides one's wife would be "towards the edge of God's will"????? Or how about marking and avoiding or placing on probation anyone that disagrees with you consistently? Spending $20K/yr of ABS on liability insurance for your top officers? I could go on. Jesus Christ taught us to know people by their fruit.

Yes, absolutely the "center of God's Will" is nothing more or less than language of control. Because they equate themselves to God. And don't even measure up to an average Christian in how they treat people. Or for that matter an average Muslim or Buddhist.

Anyway, where did this phrase come from? (So who's it plagiarized from, then?)

The word "centre" isn't even in KJV. It occurs in other versions, and, where relating to people, is almost always where an accused person is standing in the centre of a ring of accusers (eg, woman in adultery).

Young's Literal Translation gives this:

Into the centre is the lot cast, And from Jehovah [is] all its judgment!

...the penny drops...they wanted us in a place they could accuse us...

(runs for cover)

Edited by Twinky

No, in case they should feel like beaming in on me again.

(well actually they'd never get away with it a second time)

Tell you what, I never felt so guilty/under condemnation as I did at that place - the more I tried to do what was required, the more oppression I got from on high. I must really have been in the center of ... somebody's will ... but not God's I don't think. Somebody's will to "doormatize" me.

Or maybe, using TWI-speak ... center of which God's will ...? :biglaugh:

No, in case they should feel like beaming in on me again.

(well actually they'd never get away with it a second time)

Tell you what, I never felt so guilty/under condemnation as I did at that place - the more I tried to do what was required, the more oppression I got from on high. I must really have been in the center of ... somebody's will ... but not God's I don't think. Somebody's will to "doormatize" me.

Or maybe, using TWI-speak ... center of which God's will ...? :biglaugh:

This saying seems to date from after I left.

It just seems to beg for the standard response...

(Don't you want to conform to what the way international teaches?)

"Don't you want to live in the center of God's will?"

" 'Center of God's will'? CHAPTER AND VERSE, PLEASE."

Edited by WordWolf

maybe this is a scary thought..

I've ALWAYS been in the center of God's Will..

it never had anything to do with a second or third rate cult..

well.. my opinion anyway..

even as some might say.. as dysfunctional as I may or may not be..

what does that say about the supposed god's will, hmm?

:biglaugh:

I hope He has a sense of humor..

Anyway, where did this phrase come from? (So who's it plagiarized from, then?)

A JAL-ism, maybe?

"Center of God's will" sounds to me like a sort of re-vamp of the "good and best" thing we used to self-righteously proclaim. You remember, "giving to the Red Cross is good, but is it really the best?" So, nowadays if someone isn't standing with TWI, the strategy is not to say what they are doing is bad, or that they're copped out, or even that God isn't blessing them. The question is, "Are they in the center of God's Will, like the 'elite ones' in The Way International"?

Then we go our Corps meeting or something and talk about how we are the few who are living at "the center of God's Will." The future of this country and of the Kingdom of God rests on us. Then we all inhale deeply, the lights fade on the podium. The curtain opens as the guitar loudly bangs a major chord while the symbols crash. People in the audience weep as they thank God that they have been favored to be one of those, "in the center of God's Will".

The songs ends, with sustained, perfect 5-part harmony while people in the audience have begun to hold hands and a loud voice comes from the stage and says, "God bless, I love you, you are the best!" On we go, back to our rooms and trailers with a new dawn in our hearts because we are at the, "center of God's will".