GreaseSpot Cafe

What is a God and who is God?

God first

What is a God and who is God?

05-13-2010

This tread deals with what a God and who is God because I do want have believed something they cannot see unless they want to. The so-called words of God come many books that have around for many years.

God is said to be our father but he never conceive me so this must be a picture to draw a form to God. Just because people have an ideal of God is like it does mean there even close to real picture of God.

Jesus Christ said we do know what we will look like and no one has seen God ever in flesh form. A son can be in image of his father but he does glow as the image of his father he is half his mother too.

God and Jesus Christ and us are the same form, spiritual form but if you believe we were creative in image of God but we were also conceive in the image of our parents. It also said we were creative with the spiritual fruit love but also can hate.

God is descript as love while the Serpent is descript has hate does it take two images to get a picture of God. I do not know but I can evil and good and a picture of God and Serpent.

To say God is ruler would be wrong and to say made anything would be wrong too because set motion creative power that give birth to all things. In a way that is beyond me which is simple to the point with love and a holy kiss Roy.

Edited by year2027

Interesting post, Roy. It got me thinking...

You said,

Just because people have an ideal of God is like it does mean there even close to real picture of God.

I think that is so true. For example, I can't comprehend the universe. And God created the universe. So how can I possibly comprehend the creator of something I can't comprehend?

Jesus Christ said we do know what we will look like and no one has seen God ever in flesh form. A son can be in image of his father but he does glow as the image of his father he is half his mother too.

You started me thinking about the (somewhat ridiculous) prospect of examining Jesus Christ's DNA profile. Jesus called himself the "son of man" and a son of man must be a man. Since Jesus was a man, and Mary was his mother, half of his chromosomes had to come from Mary. Did God supply the other half, or did Joseph?

Edited by soul searcher

Interesting post, Roy. It got me thinking...

You said,

I think that is so true. For example, I can't comprehend the universe. And God created the universe. So how can I possibly comprehend the creator of something I can't comprehend?

Quantum Physics, my feild, entails studying the really small stuff - and the rules that govern it all. No one truly comprehends it. No one truly comprehends God. We pursue clues, form our best opinions and trudge through life without the most solid answers that we would dearly love to have. Of course the promise is out there. I'd rather chase the carrot than ponder the alternatives. The old 'seventy years and a hole in the ground', ain't really all that dam-ned appealing.

You started me thinking about the (somewhat ridiculous) prospect of examining Jesus Christ's DNA profile. Jesus called himself the "son of man" and a son of man must be a man. Since Jesus was a man, and Mary was his mother, half of his chromosomes had to come from Mary. Did God supply the other half, or did Joseph?

So,... did Joseph cheat on his God? ...and mess around with his wife? After all, he certainly thought the reverse was true, and pondered divorce. Poor Joseph,... It really must have been one helluva conversation that kept him married to Mary. Would've loved to have heard it,... "God did what?"

So,... did Joseph cheat on his God? ...and mess around with his wife? After all, he certainly thought the reverse was true, and pondered divorce. Poor Joseph,... It really must have been one helluva conversation that kept him married to Mary. Would've loved to have heard it,... "God did what?"

I went back and read Matthew 1 and it seems that Joseph was told in a dream by the Lord's angel that he should go ahead and take Mary as his wife because she was, indeed, a virgin (even though she was with child). And "he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son." (v. 25)

So it would seem that half of Jesus Christ's chromosomes came from God -- unless there was some other divine process going on (i.e., all of Christ's genes came from God) that we don't know about.

Maybe Jesus didn't have chromosomes like we do?

One of the truly amazing untold stories in biblical histories I am sure, was what happened between Joseph and Mary when Joseph found out she was pregnant.

An angel appeared to Joseph and told him about the child and what to do with Mary even as he was minded to divorce her as was his right.

I am glad God sent the angel.

And on the "chromosome" issue I am entirely ambivalent because from just reading the record I have no idea whether God used Mary's egg or not, so while it is an interesting consideration it does seem to require some conjecture. And IMO it is not worth fighting about or making a doctrine up that of necessity requires too much conjecture, lest we be found in error someday.

\Heck, it was conjectural biblical reasoning by our middle ages brothers that had us living on a flat world in the center of the universe...right?

Edited by JeffSjo

God first

thanks soul searcher and Gen-2 and JeffSjo and Todd

you guys bless me thanks

doctrine has change a lot these day people are more understanding these days

It used to what the word say

but as we grow our hearts do too

thanks my friends

with love and a holy kiss Roy

Edited by year2027

And on the "chromosome" issue I am entirely ambivalent because from just reading the record I have no idea whether God used Mary's egg or not, so while it is an interesting consideration it does seem to require some conjecture. And IMO it is not worth fighting about or making a doctrine up that of necessity requires too much conjecture, lest we be found in error someday.

I agree with you completely, but I still like to speculate on stuff.

And it would seem to bear on some discusions I've read in other forums on whether Jesus was a man (human) or God.

Because if he was, indeed, a human being then his body would be subject to the same physiological principles that ours are; i.e., his body would have been comprised of cells (which undergo cell division), and tissues and organs.

If his body was not subject to the same physical and biolgical laws that we are then he wouldn't have been a human but a human-like supreme being.

(I don't actually know what the heck I'm talking about -- I'm just "thinking out loud.")

But Jesus preached love, and he bled, and he died on the cross. So I have to believe that he was a human like the rest of us.

Despite your training :) ...if you met me...you might not fully comprehend or understand me....but, does that mean you can't know and love me? Do you have to know me completely before we can be friends? I am a fairly complex creature...multi-faceted.

God is a personal God. He is involved with us on a personal level. An intelligent creator, a personal savior, and someone who will help us understand who He is......The more we seek Him...the more we see Him...the more we get to know Him.

The goal of the knowledge of God is not for intellectual edification, but an awareness of His glory and power. Exactly what Isaiah speaks to...what he went through. . it is also what Paul is speaking to in Romans 11:33-36.

33Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!

How unsearchable his judgments,

and his paths beyond tracing out!

34"Who has known the mind of the Lord?

Or who has been his counselor?"

35"Who has ever given to God,

that God should repay him?"

36For from him and through him and to him are all things.

To him be the glory forever! Amen.

At first glance it seems hopeless...that we can never comprehend....but, look at how Paul closes that out....to Him be the glory. I can behold beautiful things....complex beauty in this universe and I may never understand exactly how they work....but, I can be satisfied in beholding their beauty and take enjoyment in them...pleasure in them. . . I can see and know them....

Philippians 3:10 Paul's ultimate goal is .... [My goal] is to know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, assuming that I will somehow reach the resurrection from among the dead.

He speaking about being identified with Him....Paul's hope, and the ultimate hope of mankind is(that there is more than us). Jesus is that more....that explanation....that hope. We identify with Him.

Jesus, who was fully a man....came to declare the Father...to make Him known. God spoke through Jesus Christ to us....you see Jesus...you see the Father....seems to me that Jesus is a good place to start in knowing God. But, His DNA is not going to satisfy us in knowing Him. :)

Edited by geisha779

God first

thanks geisha

yes "We identify with Him." but we know him because we know of God but really knowing him

we want the love God shares with us but are really understanding or is it above understanding

should we be praying Help me in the ways above my understand and below my understanding

is identify a word we can identify with God or by the identified of God

I love you

thanks

you make me think my friend

:) The essence of what God our creator is- is- love, light, spirit. He is a lover of all that he created. He is the purest of all, no blemishes, He is a spiritual being. Not flesh and blood.

Who God is- is- God is a Father. He is The Father of our spiritual family. His long suffering heart has been calling us out since before the beginning to come to him, to have a spiritual relationship with him as sons and daughters, his children.

God first

thanks Human without the bean

I start with welcome

and ask you a question what if God is not true light and more than light as we know it?

what if God is more than love, spirit, a father, a mother?

and Jesus Christ called God a mother

Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 3

God first

nothing has to have a point

It like God our Father and then find God our Mother too

The Word draws picture of God but the is still unclear we are always trying to zoom in on God

but the picture is always unclear

we zoom in on God as our Father only to find out our picture is missing a major part

then there having line up right with the Father as up and Mother as side to side then you find your missing something other

so is never clear

why there has to be point

Despite your training smile.gif ...if you met me...you might not fully comprehend or understand me....but, does that mean you can't know and love me? Do you have to know me completely before we can be friends? I am a fairly complex creature...multi-faceted.

Awwww... I love all you guys/gals that post here,... even if you are uncomprehensible at times tongue.gif

God first

nothing has to have a point...

Unh Hunh Roooooooyyyy!

what about a Pencil? It needs A POINT

Hunh? Hunh, HUNH?!!!

(claps and dances and runs off before Roy can swing!)

God first

thanks Gen-2

yes has there not a point it coming a point but never there

just a straight is never ever perfect straight line it always has a curved

go from city to any other city by straight path it can be done because our earth is round

Thanks, geisha. Nice post.

if you met me...you might not fully comprehend or understand me....but, does that mean you can't know and love me? Do you have to know me completely before we can be friends? I am a fairly complex creature...multi-faceted.

Not at all. I do not have to understand someone to in order to like, or even love them. I like complicated people.

God is a personal God. He is involved with us on a personal level. An intelligent creator, a personal savior, and someone who will help us understand who He is......The more we seek Him...the more we see Him...the more we get to know Him.

Here's my problem -- and we've talked about this before -- I pray all the time but I never know if God is listening because he doesn't seem to respond. At least not directly. As far as I can tell, either God has never spoken to me, or he is talking to me all the time and I just don't get it.

Romans 11:33-36.

33Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!

How unsearchable his judgments,

and his paths beyond tracing out!

34"Who has known the mind of the Lord?

Or who has been his counselor?"

35"Who has ever given to God,

that God should repay him?"

36For from him and through him and to him are all things.

To him be the glory forever! Amen.

I love those verses. It makes me wonder about all holy men and supposed "men of God". I mean, how do you know a real MOG when you see one?

....seems to me that Jesus is a good place to start in knowing God. But, His DNA is not going to satisfy us in knowing Him. :)

The DNA of Jesus. What a concept.

God first

thanks soul searcher and waysider

by their fruits what is fruit?

the child that comes from their DNA or the love makes want to conceive another person

you see it could be either

unless the fruit was control

because fruit is fruit

some from love others come from hate

DNA still makes a child

I sorry I had say this but good over evil or right over wrong

fruit is always fruit whether the act was out love or hate

two sides to the coin

Edited by year2027

God first

thanks waysider

I wanted too add

there many kinds of fruit

we were talking about Jesus Christ DNA

but you were talking about spirit fruit from the heart but also fleshly DNA that pass on in the blood

spiritual fruit is pass on in the spiritual heart

the blood of Christ

there two kind and maybe more