GreaseSpot Cafe

Who got that Harley?

teachmevp

We paid for the Harley they gave him on the 40th anniverssary. I guess TWi was too strapped for cash at the time to buy it themselves. :biglaugh: That was when he retired. Remember they called it the "Twig Hopper"? VP and the Mrs. were supposed to go traveling the country and visit twigs with it. In my memory, this "itinerary" never happened. I don't know if he ever even drove the thing all that much.

As far as Teachme's comment about VW's, I think he's referring to the fact that VW's were originally produced in Germany at the request of Hitler. VP was strictly a "made in America" man, though.

Edited by Broken Arrow

We paid for the Harley they gave him on the 40th anniverssary. I guess TWi was too strapped for cash at the time to buy it themselves. :biglaugh: That was when he retired. Remember they called it the "Twig Hopper"? VP and the Mrs. were supposed to go traveling the country and visit twigs with it. In my memory, this "itinerary" never happened. I don't know if he ever even drove the thing all that much.

I've posted some of this before, but here goes....

Yes, wierwille received that 'twig hopper' at the 40th anniversary -- Oct. 1982. Around March/April/May of 1983, wierwille wrecked it while traveling in Ontario, Canada. Under the cover of darkness and complete secrecy......the twig hopper was hauled back to Ohio and the flight services guys were assigned to the task.

A special paint booth structure was erected in the OSC warehouse. Working late into the wee hours for two or three nights, the 'special task force' reattached side lights, replaced front fender, gas tank repair, new decals and pin striping after the primer and finish coats were dry. The twig hopper was, then, entered into several bike shows and won awards for its meticulous details.

And....with wierwille having his eye removed in 1984(?), he no longer had the depth perception to safely be riding a motorcycle. Understandably, vpw lost interest and moved onto other things.

Edited by skyrider

How long did VeePee walk around with one eye?

I'm thinking it was something like a year, year and a half. Of course, he actually walked around with two eyes. (It's just that one of them was prosthetic.) He even took the artificial one out and passed it around at a Corps meeting.

But, of course, the official company line about his eye was that he burned it out under the bright studio lights while filming PLAF (The Wonder Class). He was fond of saying, "I gave my eye for The Word! What have you given?" :rolleyes:

53379370.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A14940C885E97E770A0400399C0D0436092D26A4FFC8C3E1A3FB01E70F2B3269972

http://images.google.com/hosted/life/l?imgurl=3564937b0b0b4413&q=wierwille%20motorcycle&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwierwille%2Bmotorcycle%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26gbv%3D2%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D578%26tbs%3Disch:1

"In 1970, 14-year-old Kristen Skedgell was swept up in the fervor of a Christian cult known as The Way International. In a moment immortalized in the 1971 Life magazine article "The Groovy Christians of Rye" (featuring a photograph of Skedgell, eyes bright with wonder), The Way's founder, "The Doctor" Victor Wierwille, rode into Skedgell's town on a motorcycle, bringing a message of enlightenment that ensnared the girl with wild hopes and false promises."

Source:

http://krieger.jhu.edu/magazine/f08/a3.html

Does his eye seem "burned out" in that photo, taken 3 or 4 years post-filming of PLAF (The Wonder Class)?

Edited by waysider

That is funny stuff, VeePee gave his eye for the word.

Not sure I'd call it "funny". Perhaps Lying/ Blasphemous/ Down-Right-Hypocritical/ Deceiving/ You-Name-It/ is more applicable.

According to his own teachings, cancer was caused by devil spirits. According to his own teachings, "devil spirits" had to have a "willing host".

According to his own teachings - - "Believing equals receiving". Draw your own conclusions from what he taught, versus his life/ and death.

Docvic died from cancer (according to him) caused by devil spirits in a willing host. Where the H*** was HIS believing?

He died from over indulgence, and lost his eye before fertilizing the daisies. Bright lights from the filming had nothing to do with it.

The line "He gave his eye for the Word" is just plain old unadulterated CR@P. "B" as in "B", and "S" as in "S".

The bright lights at the filming of the class was nothing more than an "excuse", and foisted upon us all as "truth".

It's amazing (well - - not really now that I know, that I know, that I know) how the "wagons got circled around the MOG"

to protect him and the "discrepancies" when someone of that "status" stepped in $h!t too deep to get out.

And then would turn around and castigate "Joe Believer" for not "Living up to the Word".

No, it's not "funny" in the least. Self-serving and deceptive? Yes.