GreaseSpot Cafe

Mansions?

John 15:20-27; in verse 20, I changed that “Word” to “Teachings”, I saw in a text where later in verse 20, that text used “Observed my teaching” but other texts used “Observed my word” so why not use “Teachings” instead of “Word”? In verse 21, I left out “That sent me”, as a result of leaving that out, I have left out verse 22, seems verse 22 does not line up to the Mosaic covenant? Just some thoughts to throw out to the Cafe, who knows?

Remember my teachings, that I spoke to you, that there is no servant, who is greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; and if they have observed my teaching, they will also observe yours; but all these things will they do to you, on account of my name, because they know not him; he that hates me, hates my Father also. If I had not done works before their eyes, such as no other man has ever done, they would be without sin; but now they have seen, and hated me, and also my Father, so that in them will be fulfilled the word which is written in their law, they hated me, without a cause; but when the comforter comes, which I will send to you from my Father, that power of truth which proceeds from my Father, it will testify of me; and do you also testify; for you have been with me from the beginning.

John 16:1-17;

Still heading towards that garden; in verse 5, I changed “Him that sent me” to “My Father?” In verse 7, I changed “Come” to “Be sent?” I left out in verse 14, “He will glorify me” we could put these things back, but why?

These things have I said to you, that you may not be stumbled. For they will eject you from their synagogues; and the hour will come, that whoever kills you, will think that he has offered an offering to Yahweh; and these things they will do, because they have not known my Father, nor me. These things have I spoken to you, that when the time of them comes, you may recollect, that I told you of them; and I did not tell you these things from the beginning, because I was with you. But now, I am going to my Father; and none of you asks me, where are you going? And because I have told you these things, sorrow has come and has filled your hearts; but I tell you the truth, that it is profitable for you that I go away; for, if I go not away, the comforter will not be sent to you; but if I go, I will sent it to you; and when it is come, it will rebuke the world concerning sin, concerning righteousness, and concerning judgment; concerning sin, because they believe not in me; concerning righteousness, because I go to my Father, and you see me no more; concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. Moreover, I have many other things to tell you, but you cannot grasp them now; but when the power of the Truth is come, it will lead you into all the truth. For it will not speak from itself; but whatever it hears, that will it speak; and it will make known to you things to come, because it will receive of what is mine, and will show it to you. Whatever the Father has, is mine; therefore said I to you that it will receive of what is mine, and will show it to you. A little while, and you will not see me; and again a little while, and you will see me, because I go to the Father.”

he has to love my cats..

:)

well.. if He is big enough. That's not too much for my imagination..

"Memories" from Cats from TS Eliot and Andrew Lloyd Weber. MEOW! :biglaugh:

right now.. I have one cat "hunting" at the window..

wide awake..

ever hear them chatter?

there is a difference of opinion among cat observers..

some think they are imitating bird or mammal noises to attract prey..

others think the cats are in some kind of dream state, putting some kind of primordial "death bite" to the prey..

what do you think?

Only the cats seem to know..

:biglaugh:

acid? Too bad they quit making it.. something about a big bust a few years ago..

The Squirrel would accept donations..

Send about.. 5000 micrograms. to "Da Squirrel" New Knoxville, Ohio. They will know where it is supposed to go..

well.. it would be a lot nicer trip than a half a bottle or so of Cabernet..

don't cats chase and hunt squirrels?

John 16:18-33

I left out the last part of verse 27, and left out verse 28; Trinity? I left out verse 30, more Trinity?

And they said, “What is this little while, of which he speaks? We know not what he talks about?” And Yeshua knew, that they desired to ask him; and he said to them, “Are you debating with each other, of what I said to you, a little while, and you will not see me, and again a little while, and you will see me? Truly I say to you, that you will weep and lament; and the world will rejoice, while to you will be sorrow; but your sorrow will be turned to joy. A woman, in bringing forth, has sorrow, for the day of her travail has come; but when she has brought forth a son, she remembers not her anguish, because of the joy that a male is born into the world. You also now have sorrow; but I will see you again, and your heart will rejoice, and no one will deprive you of your joy; and in that day you will ask me nothing. Truly I say to you, that whatsoever you shall ask of my Father in my name, he will give to you. Hitherto you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. These things have I spoken to you in allegories; but the hour will come, when I shall not speak to you in allegories, but I will speak to you plainly of the Father. In that day you will ask in my name; and I do not say to you, that I will pray to the Father for you; for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me.” His disciples say to him, “Lo, now you speak plainly, and you utter no allegory.” Yeshua said to them, “Do you believe? Behold, the hour comes, and has now come, when you will be dispersed, each to his place; and you will leave me alone; but I am not alone, for the Father is with me. These things have I said to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you will have trouble; but, take courage, I have vanquished the world.”

Chapter 17 of John?

After this prayer, they are going to cross over the brook Kidron, the Trinity has added a lot junk in this prayer?

Thomas, please try to respect the fact that I am trying to learn? A cool person in the Cafe shared something

with me in this thread, so I'm trying to reason what that person shared with me the best I can, maybe these

reasonings are wrong, maybe their close? This thread has moved beyond cats and cheese?