GreaseSpot Cafe

Are YOU in A Cult?

cheranne

mount vernon - http://mountvernonblog.blogspot.com/

This caught my attention,

This blazon of cerebration is the aforementioned as added band leaders like Victor Paul Wierwille of The Way International who died of an illness. Apparently article was amiss with his faith, and additionally for Hobart Freeman, who too, died of an affliction that may accept been medically treatable.

No I'm not in a cult. Are You?

Here's some things that could mean you (not you cheranne) are in a cult!

The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader. (Sounds familiar?)

Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged. ( Questions????? Who me?) :who_me:

Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions) La shanta elo shabaka bla bla bla.......

The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (Deja Vu)

The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, (this one doesn't ring a bell?)

The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.

Nobody here that falls into that category)!

Am I in a cult?

Thinking outside of conventional thought means you are in a cult. whether that defines "rightness or error" has nothing to do with truth. Just because a majority or a large percentage of people believe something, has no bearing on what is reality. I'm not defending what was done under TWI. but that argument holds no water. "If no one believes believes it, it's still the word" Liberties taken with that quote. It supposes that there is a definable "WORD" if not it's just the meanderings of dis-illusioned people.

Edited by bulwinkl