GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Thanksgiving

krys

I wish the best for all of you. Happy Thanksgiving.

It doesn't matter what is on your table, I hope you all enjoy the food and the company. One of my friends has ham on this day; another has a traditional Italian meal; another has various kinds of fish for this day. Vegetarians won't eat turkey at all.

One thing we all should have is "a good time" with family and friends.

Happy Thanksgiving, Greasespotters!

Our church fed 128 people a free Thanksgiving feast last night - didn't even accept any cash donations. We put flyers up around town and mentioned it to anyone who used our food pantry. The food was all donated and most all of it was prepared and brought in regardless of whether or not the cook could stay for the meal. I don't know what was more fun, peeling 60 pounds of potatoes, cooking 6 turkeys and the general kitchen work that went into all that and then the endless parade of dishes, pots and pans or the sitting down and eating of the meal itself. The entire day was a hoot!

Today, the princess is still asleep and we'll eat leftovers as we feel the need, watch a movie or two and maybe get some housework caught up. Other than that we're just hanging here at home - having a peaceful day together.

Happy Thanksgiving, Greasespotters!

Our church fed 128 people a free Thanksgiving feast last night - didn't even accept any cash donations. We put flyers up around town and mentioned it to anyone who used our food pantry. The food was all donated and most all of it was prepared and brought in regardless of whether or not the cook could stay for the meal. I don't know what was more fun, peeling 60 pounds of potatoes, cooking 6 turkeys and the general kitchen work that went into all that and then the endless parade of dishes, pots and pans or the sitting down and eating of the meal itself. The entire day was a hoot!

Today, the princess is still asleep and we'll eat leftovers as we feel the need, watch a movie or two and maybe get some housework caught up. Other than that we're just hanging here at home - having a peaceful day together.

Our church/food pantry is doing that today. Of course my contribution will be lotsa photo's which will appear on Facebook.

I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and like Dot Matrix, in HIS name.

This was first year for my mom without her beloved Lloyd so while I planned for Kelly and I to do something different, we didn't, opting instead to share the traditions with her and see this first with those that love her.

And it was the usual lovely at her house; dinner of chicken and dumpling, lots of extra side dishes, home made wine (oh that is a story!) and my brother and his wife. Lovely.

My mom only had one moment of really tough when we all realized at almost the same time that my Kelly had set the table, per tradition, and set Grandpa Lloyd's place just like the last 12 gobble gobble years, right next to her own.

But it was a lovely moment of 'oops' and memories shared that turned into stories and love laughs that then turned into a battle of who did what when between me and my big brother; it's part of the tradition too.

My dad and his wife are on some country wide adventure he calls A Walk About so this was first time he wasn't at my mom's thanksgiving table in 53 years too; more bittersweet, but then again they got to enjoy the day with my baby brother Paul and partner James in Oklahoma,so not a bad gig.

Seems every year there is a new memory made and this one was not to disappoint. I'm having major dental stuff happening and therefore not able to really enjoy my meal. My brother did think he was hysterical when he sent me on a fake trip cuz he "forgot my gun, sis, and I want to shoot a deer while I'm here". I ran to his house, never considering the fool could go get his own firearm until I returned with said gun to find my meal had been put through a blender.

Happy Thanksgiving.