GreaseSpot Cafe

Mike Patten

That group seems to always have trouble at the top. When you look at the history (starting with CES) those in leadership either opens their eyes to what is going on and decide to leave, or those in leadership become corrupt and are removed. It seems this M Patten was 'ordained' only last year and less than six months later is gone/removed.

The question remains...is this REALLY God's ministry, or simply ordained of man?

Well - since it's structured more like a corporation and less like a church entity, I'd say ordained by man. I don't get why STF bothers to ordain anyone at all.

E-G-O. What they haven't learned is that ego negates spiritual discernment, but then again, ego rarely 'learns' anything.

E-G-O. What they haven't learned is that ego negates spiritual discernment, but then again, ego rarely 'learns' anything.

You nailed it, Rejoice, in modern terminology! Romans 11:20b says, "Be not highminded, but fear:" Being highminded is the same thing as arrogance, or EGO. The fear of the Lord is humility. It is recognizing that "You are God, and I am not." A person who doesn't properly fear the Lord thinks that he's as smart as, if not smarter than, God. Wierwille didn't fear the Lord, and he taught us that WE shouldn't fear the Lord.

A person who doesn't properly fear the Lord thinks that God doesn't have anything to teach him. That's why the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge and the beginning of wisdom.

That's why "ego negates spiritual discernment"!

Love,

Steve

Well - since it's structured more like a corporation and less like a church entity, (snip).

STFI says/implies that they represent the church as an entity. Interestingly, many of their past and current 'ordained' leadership are divorced.

Have they ignored the scriptures in Timothy and Titus (New Testament) that clearly state that an elder or bishop must be the husband of one wife? Scripture allows for a man to serve as an elder or deacon if his wife has passed away and he has remarried. It allows for a biblical divorce if the offending spouse committed adultery or was an unbeliever who chose to leave. It seems pretty clear the case of divorced people, they can still teach, but not as a representative leader.

STFI seems to gloss over that fact completely.

• 4 weeks later...

"Have they ignored the scriptures in Timothy and Titus (New Testament) that clearly state that an elder or bishop must be the husband of one wife?"

I think Schoenheit's got a youtube video that explains that in great detail - something about how the original Greek actually reads "one wife at a time".

I think Schoenheit's got a youtube video that explains that in great detail - something about how the original Greek actually reads "one wife at a time".

Well isn't that convenient. He's done a rewrite of the NT to fit his doctrine and he specifically states that on the website.