GreaseSpot Cafe

No more Rock.....but rollin' along

skyrider

i'm just sick sick sick sick reading this the money raked in, the books, etc, etc, and the poor lovely people who went there ESPECIALLY from overseas i'm going to puke

i can't even..... i'm sorry it's too much for my brain

--

i do have to address one other important thing

It was a really great time, marred only by the presence of Geer

anything in life would be marred by the presence of psycho

but honestly there are many more in that boat, i just hate him the most, but i think that's ignorance perhaps

• 2 weeks later...

I love camping.

But when I got to RoA, it was as Corps and I slept in a huge tent with who knows how many other Corps women.

And one year I was in a hut thing - were they called Corps-tels? Too many bodies, too hot, too sticky. Ugh. Give me the fresh air of a tent any time.

I quite liked what I saw of the Rock but then I didn't have anything to compare it with. Hard work. Not too much time to explore and find out what was going on.

This might be my venue for this year: Greenbelt

Thousands of people. From a huge variety of Christian backgrounds. Or maybe no Christian background at all - they just want to be there.

Loads of events, performances, teachings, presentations, stuff going on. Some noisy. Some quieter, more contemplative. There's a camping area for those who want; there's other accommodation ranging from cheap B&B to posh hotels.

I might volunteer...they need stewards on the camp site.

Edited: double post. (Why does it do that??)

OMG, Twinky. was that Great Britain's version of ROA? erry and slightly creepy. no we did not get giant 3 ring circus tents for our rally, lol

This weekend, here in Nevada we have Burning Man. (Thing started in San Francisco circa 1986 and migrated to NV because it was too lawless for for California.)

I'm too afraid to go but Reno where I live is on the highway to the place and it's fun to watch the people come and go.

Nightshade-132132_display.jpg

Here he is before he burned last year, 2010.

5368095078_b8f781608b_o_display.jpg

Edited by Kit Sober

Not an option, though, for Internationals...we were expected to attend. The mighty US calls.

For such reasons, the US is not seen favorably by overseas countries.

I realize of course that this wasn't the crux of your post but the U.S. wasn't calling you to the Rock of Ages, TWI was. So I'm a bit mystified when you say, "For such reasons the U.S. is not seen favorably by overseas countries." The U.S. is not seen favorably because TWI compelled you to go to the Rock of Ages?