GreaseSpot Cafe

Just what is the REAL reason why you can't have a mortgage?

allswellhere99

7 members have voted

1. 1. Why can't you have a mortgage if you are in the Way?

• Because you might not have enough money left to give to the BOD.
    • Because the BOD doesn't want you to feel comfortable in your own home.
    • Because the money you put down for a downpayment could be put in the pockets of the BOD.

was that the guy who came here the year after I was out?

The backbreaker

Nice to see an organization that loves it's people, or participants I guess..

with a *tiny* bit of prodding from this lame organization, I would have likely earned the master's degree twenty years ago..

no I'm not blaming them. They just lost out on a lot of "opportunity"..

they will not see one red nickel, or penny of support. Or "spiritual" support from me..

if I end up being solvent here, the local soup kitchen will be serving a substantially better menu..

Giving is not compulsary...That ain't giving.could be we saw no results...Oh I forgot it is just "here"

where they are cheap basT5rds.

Is twi (rosie, donster) aware of this behavior?

Do they approve of it?

I would have to say they have to be. There's been enough of people writing in to confront the debt position that has been brought up. Like many other things there is a double standard for those running the place and the minions.

I mean.. these region coordinators(?).. I thought they had them on a very short leash. Have to give account for everything, to stay employed with renumeration under needs basis and all.

Have to submit copies of paid water, utility bills, rent receipts..

I think for a period of time under okie that was true because they paid all the housing stuff out of housing accounts which was handled seperately. However, no receipts were involved - just a ledger entry. I think that there has been some threat of lawsuit with keeping them out of personal business to the point where they now are forced to just pay a salary and all those people arrange their housing on their own.

Wouldn't a receipt for a "rent payment" to a "cop out" relative be at least a little suspicious to those charged with "authority"?

What I really think it is.

They are afraid of running any more top leadership off. Nobody with even less than a quarter of a brain would be willing to step in to take the position..

That's an apt description of the current lot - less than a quarter of a brain.

If you decided to buy a house and got a mortgage, what would the Way do to you?

As of a couple of years ago, the penalty went something like this:

I had a couple of good friends (back then, we have since lost touch) that were fellowship coordinators. Their fellowship was growing and thriving, better than the others in the area. They decided to buy a house. They spoke with their Region Coordinator about it, he said there would be no consequences over buying a house that TWI would impose. They thought, "GREAT! Let's take advantage of the fall in housing prices and get a house!" They signed the papers the next week and moved into their home. While they were moving in, they got a call from the Region Coordinator. He was irate and screaming at them that they should have consulted with him prior to buying a house.

Excuse, me? What?

Yes.... IRATE, because they had not consulted with him first. He denied that the first conversation ever took place. Told them they were blind spiritually, and stripped them of their fellowship, which was given to someone else who was more in line with TWI think on the subject.

Interestingly enough, another family (who is distantly related to Dirty-Old-Man Not-My-Uncle Howard) in the same branch is running a fellowship is in debt with a house payment and medical expenses. My friends were told that their situatioon was "different" because of the medical expenses. And what about the house payment?? AND couldn't those people BELIEVE to be healed and not incur the debt?

I remember overhearing a Corps Night teaching (from another room where Corps were listening to it) where they were telling stories about how people stayed out of debt in the face of horrible medical expenses. One of them was a woman who's daughter required an expensive surgery to save her life. She (the mom) asked the doctor if she could trade him for some art she had done because it was against her beliefs to go into debt. The doctor agreed and her daughter got the surgery. I thought to myself at the time that the doctor was probably doing the surgery to save the life of the little girl IN SPITE of her mother's horrible attitide towards the COST of her daughter's life.

The debt stuff is out of control. If God so badly doesn't want people in debt, then they should TEACH why God doesn't want it, and then allow people to reap the blessings or consequences related to that decision. To impose consequences (not being able to coordinate a fellowship, no Advanced Class, no Specials, etc.) on people in God's stead is arrogant, to say the least, and in my opinion is a MISREPRESENTATION of God's will.

To impose consequences (not being able to coordinate a fellowship, no Advanced Class, no Specials, etc.) on people in God's stead is arrogant, to say the least, and in my opinion is a MISREPRESENTATION of God's will.

Great post JJ. The irony in their dumb policies is they have put a foot on their own throats because they are driving away a lot of people at a time when they desperately need to grow. Consider the fellowship that was doing well with this couple who got the house. They were obviously good people who were able to bring along new folks and dumba$$ Rosie's policies cut them off from bringing along more new folks. I really think that the no debt policy and it's punishments will (in time) prove to be the final few nails in the way's coffin. Rosie is bullheaded enough to let it happen anyway because she considers her policy God's will. Yep....that arrogant indeed.

Great post JJ. The irony in their dumb policies is they have put a foot on their own throats because they are driving away a lot of people at a time when they desperately need to grow. Consider the fellowship that was doing well with this couple who got the house. They were obviously good people who were able to bring along new folks and dumba$ Rosie's policies cut them off from bringing along more new folks. I really think that the no debt policy and it's punishments will (in time) prove to be the final few nails in the way's coffin. Rosie is bullheaded enough to let it happen anyway because she considers her policy God's will. Yep....that arrogant indeed.

Thanks, OldSkool.

What struck me was the blatant nepotism, lies, and double standard involved in the situation - ALL showing the arrogance involved. Apparently, if you are related to someone at the top, debt is OK.

At the time this happened I had some respect still for the Region Coordinator (I'm getting old... his name began with a B and he was the Western Region Coordinator at the time, but I can't remember his name now) even though I had left TWI by then. This whole thing just showed me that the only loyalty people in these positions have is to TWI and Rosie. Not to the people they are supposed to be caring for.

Strangely enough, my friend are still involved in TWI, even after seeing this.

Sad sad sad.

Strangely enough, my friend are still involved in TWI, even after seeing this.

Sad sad sad.

See, that trips me out. When my ordeal happened I was out as soon as I could find the door. Yet, so many people let this little cult walk over them and still keep coming back for more. I know the reasons vary. Heck I remember hearing folks quote bible verses about the sons of Eli and how Samuel stayed with Eli in spite of the abuses...sad x 3 it is.

Not too drift too far off topic...

I did the same thing for a long time. Thankfully my husband was not "raised in The Word ™". He didn't put the rose colored glasses on when it came to this crap, and that helped me open my eyes. That and seeing the rottenness at the root. I could just say it was just one or two people who were off until I saw it was coming from hq.

I did the same thing for a long time. Thankfully my husband was not "raised in The Word ™". He didn't put the rose colored glasses on when it came to this crap, and that helped me open my eyes. That and seeing the rottenness at the root. I could just say it was just one or two people who were off until I saw it was coming from hq.

I bet you a dollar to a dime it all came straight from Rosalie. I mean absolutely nothing significant happens without Rosalie (likely with Donna) making the call. Rosalie gives final approval for fellowship coordinators. So, most likely what happened was the region coordinator mentioned to the way of the usa about the couple buying a house, thinking this would be alright. He likely got steamrolled by his leadership and was told they could no longer be fellowship coordinators. Then he went and took it out on them. That is similar to what I have seen happen when it comes to administering these little punishments. Almost all of the time it comes straight from Rosie.

So yes. Region coordinators / Presidents cabinet / board of directors make no significant decisions without the chairman of the board's (a.k.a Rosalie) final approval. She micromanages at that level.