GreaseSpot Cafe

Will you minister to me?

waysider

• 2 weeks later...

I've learned infinitely more about healing than I ever did in 13 years with TWI. Everytime I tried to "minister" to anyone in TWI I always, always blamed myself for not having "the gift" of healing. I did minister to someone once while going door to door and they were healed on the spot - still didn't show up to twig the next night, darn't. And my mom was sick once, called all over town looking for me. When I got home she begged me to pray for her and she was also healed instantaneously. Other than that I always felt like a terrible failure at it.

But around my fifties I "developed" fibromyalgia and couldn't get off the couch for a few years. I called all kinds of Christian groups to pray for me. Then, long story, I ended up in a psychologist's office and after vomiting out all kinds of sad, bad stuff (like my experience as a Wayfer, and why I became one in the first place), all that physical pain went away. Still hasn't come back after several years.

I ended up in a psychologist's office once..

it took me three sessions before I was willing to say why I was really there..

:biglaugh:

well, I wanted the person comfortable. Figuring I was for the most part functional..

no, I don't need any kind of *emergency* style treatment or anything..

When I was a WOW I ministered to/prayed for a girl with a migraine, who received immediate relief of her pain.

When I lived in Charleston, SC, I was diagnosed with sarcoidosis. I went to the ROA for one day only, flying home as I had a new job and no serious vacation time. I spent most of the day at the House of His Healing Presence and I wrote it one of the books there. Almost a year to the day, my lungs were clear on x-ray. This disease could have progressed to invade my nervous system, brain, etc.

In August, 1994 I was diagnosed with Type I insulin dependent diabetes. I was told that I had committed a sin which had caused God to withdraw His hand of protection from me. No one knew what the sin was. Finally one former friend suggested it was because I didn't believe that LCM was The One Man Of God For This Day And For This Time And For This Hour.

I've prayed and prayed but I'm still diabetic. Does God listen? I'm sure He does. Is there a lack of my faith or believing or whatever? I dunno. Do I blame God? Never!!! Do I blame myself? Not so much any more.

Many churches today teach the above doctrine. It's used as a tool to intimidate members with guilt and self-condemnation, just like TWI uses it.

Many churches today teach the above doctrine. It's used as a tool to intimidate members with guilt and self-condemnation, just like TWI uses it.

Yes, it is often used to further whatever agenda is being promoted.

In starting this thread, it was never my intent to question healing, per se, or anyone's personal experiences or belief in healing.

My intended focus was on the specific process that The Way called "ministering". (as taught in the Advanced Class)

I apologize for not making that clearer at the onset.

Edited by waysider

I've been trying to teach my math 119 students the order out of chaos idea.

You have to WRITE. What you know..

maybe make a sketch of the problem..

don't panic, trust your own brain..

write down what is asked for, what is given..

understanding the problem is about 99 percent of the process.

I don't see how they can teach this to kids only with some program on a server somewhere.. but that is where current trends would indicate it is going. It is CHEAPER.

cheaper????

In what terms..

The Night of Wally World..

Every last "associate" had horrible, gaping festering holes..

I thought maybe I'd trespassed on some sacred burial ground or something..

The only thing I could do was to chant. Weird.. something I ordinarily would not think of doing..

it ended up being some kind of hybrid between Ginsburg and something native american..

Is he still alive? Ginsburg that is?

well.. anyway..

did I *minister* to them? I dunno. I tried..