GreaseSpot Cafe

Ash Heap of TWI-story

skyrider

I going by memory but, my recollection is that he said he heard someone else speak in High German and recognized it.

You may be right, it has been a long time.

edit:

Gee, imagine someone from western Ohio speaking in High German. What are the chances of that? <_<

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Yeaaah boy! I was raised 40 miles to the west of twi hq. Amish to the right of me and krauts to the left, what's a young Knockwurst to do?

You could always tell a germanic farm, they are always perfectly manicured and spotless.

PFAL...Pg. 30

...."He said his master was so-and-so, a member of Parliament in New Delhi, who was also riding on the train. The member of Parliament then came to our compartment to tell Mrs. Wierwille and me that what he had seen in Jubbulpore was the most tremendous Christian event he had ever witnessed...."

So......this is his declaration of what was said, "....the most tremendous Christian event

he [an official member of Parliament] had ever witnessed..."

Then....here is Mrs. Wierwille's accounting: "When the train came to its first stop, a man from the next

compartment came to our door, saying that his master would like to meet the man of God. So we extended an

invitation to the master to come to our compartment. When we had introduced ourselves, he said, 'We would

like to pay our respects. It is not often we get to travel with such a man of God who blesses all the people.'

He told us he was a member of central government on his way home to Allahabad. He gave Dr. Wierwille the key

to that city." p.155, Born Again to Serve

There you have it, folks. Husband and wife heard TWO different things.

1) Docvic recalls --- "...the most tremendous Christian event he had ever witnessed."

2) Wife of docvic --- "...It is not often we get to travel with such a man of God who blesses all the people."

And, even though mrs. w's notes sanitizes the wierwille legacy, I suspect that her recollection of events

is closer to what actually happened. Whatever "the key to the city" signified.....the wierwilles did NOT

stay in Allahabad or correspond to any other officials regarding this "key presentation."

Obviously, Dr. Williams and his All-India Federation of National Churches did NOT have any christian inroads

to the city of Allahabad or else it would have been a stopping point of their itinerary. Allahabad has a

population of over twice that of Ujjain, yet 85% Hindu, and 13% Muslim.

Here's the takeaway in that tidbit.......wierwille interjected that distinction of "High" German in an attempt

to cement his adeptness of languages. Why, lookey here.....the mog knows Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic, High German,

Low German, etc. etc.

Heck, the guy is a dog-whisperer EVEN. <_<

Whatever else he may or might not have known, language wise, vp would have known german. As I recall in the uncle harry book, german was the language spoken at home. That is not unusual, it happens in many immigrant homes. My grandparents on my dad's side spoke danish until they died. My dad didn't learn english until he went to school. He was raised in the Danish Lutheran Church where the sermans were given in Danish.

U.S. Immigration policy from the 1890's thru the 1920's was to send people to areas as similar as possible to their home areas. Scandinavian sea folk were sent to western Michigan along the lake, german farmers were sent to western Ohio.

BTW....For those who may not be familiar with the term High German, it simply refers to the geographic areas where it is commonly spoken. (high elevations) It's not superior to Low German, it's just different.

Thanks for the clarification wayc,... waysider, I didn't know that.

No doubt vp, thru lack of explanation, allowed people to think he spoke superior kraut as well.

Highlanders and lowlanders, the Scots no longer corner the market!!!

Awful thought, Don't read the following if you are squeamish:

Weirwilly in a kilt!?! :blink:

Sounds ambiguous and very embellished. So, I guess by reason, if the Apostle Paul needed Ananias lay hands on him to get him straight, then in all of Wierwille's MOGFODAT-ness it would take at least nine great men. :rolleyes:

These "great" men. Were they great in stature, fat, or exceptional in some other category. WTF made them great. :rolleyes:

:thinking: Or just great because God brought them to Wierwille? :biglaugh:

They were great in stature because.... they gave him what he needed, S.I.T., as the grande finale of PIFFLE.

He, vp was greater than them because,.... he tricked them and got away with it. (At least in his telling of it.)

He, vp was greater than them because,.... he tricked them and got away with it.

Well, seems he was a great man after all considering all the other people he got away with tricking. :biglaugh::evildenk:

Edited by OldSkool