GreaseSpot Cafe

Reality is an EMPTY seat

skyrider

Although twi has been prone to visions of grandeur since the days wierwille walked the earth,

there is nothing quite like the COLD, HARSH REALITY OF EMPTY SEATS.

Try as they may, to spin twi's "prevailing" message......there is NO DENYING its a hard sell

to those staffers who see the pitiful turnout every Sunday, week after week. C'mon, when they

can't fill half the lower, middle section of the auditorium, it doesn't sell well.

You see, folks.....it's NOT the individual that matters to twi. The empty seat is WHAT MATTERS.

It's empty. No one sitting there. And, that's a problem; a visual optics problem. It becomes

much harder to keep the delusion......er, believing operating.

And, another thing........empty seats beget more empty seats.

You KNOW there's a problem when the ushers are herding people to their seats 25 minutes in advance

and there are EMPTY SEATS EVERYWHERE. What's wrong with that picture? What's the motive? Oh yeah,

it's the visual optics that matters. The camera angles. Besides, if visitors float around in the

low-traffic lobby too long.....they might just decide to leave instead.

Denial......denial......denial.

Deny all you want. Reality speaks from an EMPTY seat. :B)

Here's a chilling thought... Factor out the people who are only there because they are REQUIRED to be and what's left?

Well, what's left of the staff are the ones required to go. The local fellowships are certainly coerced. But none of that is enough. Several years ago Rosalie and the gang started scheduling bus trips from folks who weren't too terribly far away. At most you may get three coaches come in from Atlanta. It was NEVER enough to fill the lower portions of the PWA, never. And the following week it was an empty house again. You are so right about the camera angles. They herd as many people as they can into the the middle rows so the house looks full for when they do a local broadcast. The broadcast is several weeks old, so it's not like it's live.

But get this. In spite of how empty things are the director and trustee household still get reserved seats in the back of the auditorium. :biglaugh:

Edited by OldSkool

Sometimes I entertain the idea of driving to HQ to attend a Sunday service. You know, just to see things again with my own eyes. I've not been involved with TWI since the 1970s and have no idea what my status is. Would they let me in? How do I find out in advance if I'm like Marked and Avoided, or on some Believer Blacklist or whatever?

Sometimes I entertain the idea of driving to HQ to attend a Sunday service. You know, just to see things again with my own eyes. I've not been involved with TWI since the 1970s and have no idea what my status is. Would they let me in? How do I find out in advance if I'm like Marked and Avoided, or on some Believer Blacklist or whatever?

I would just go. They have J0hn L1inder (or an equivalent) guarding the back door. Br00ks M@son used (and probably still does) function as plain clothes security and hangs outside of the actual auditorium. It used to be they were on the look out for certain active trouble makers. D0ug McMull1n used to be one, for example. Worst thing that could happen is they ask you to leave.

Or maybe they go all Rodney King and you can get that on video. That would go nicely on GSC. :biglaugh:

And, yes they still have a church service with guards. Weird, no?

How would they know who you are?

I mean, they always said there were no membership lists. :rolleyes:

Unless someone is actively causing major problems for them, they wouldn't know who you are. Now on the other hand, there are so few people at the service you will stand out as an outsider. They may approach you to see who you are. I really don't know what they do anymore in this regard but nothing along these lines would surprise me.

Sometimes I dream that I'm back at HQ, either standing on the stage debunking PFAL, or being chased by Martindale and security.

I'm certain there are more people in attendance in my dreams than there are in reality.

Maybe attendance will get so bad, they have to move Sunday morning service back into the BRC to get good crowd shots!

Love,

Steve