GreaseSpot Cafe

Funny thing happened at the supermarket this morning

RottieGrrrl

I don't know. I'm still digesting this. It's such a little thing but it made me think how awesome God is and how he works. In a nutshell...

I was at Jewel this morning, picking up a few things before work (I just got home like 20 minutes ago) and there is this annoying woman who seems to be blocking my pathway at every turn. Shopping cart blocks. You know, I'm like SIGH. What IS it with this woman. lol. wink.gif And then...to top it off, she just edges me out in the cashier line. I almost laugh out loud. And I swear I thought, just for a quick moment mind you, maybe the Lord is putting her in my path for a reason, lol.

Anyway, we chatted for just a bit, and she seemed to be a really nice lady. Then I was thinking, well, I guess lesson learned is I shouldn't be such a witch about people I don't even know. So she's all packed up and she left. Then my turn came, and I left about 5 minutes later. Well, I just finished loading the car, when I see the young bag guy walking towards me with something in his hand. He says, Did you leave your wallet? And I'm like OH MY GOSH! I DID! And I took the wallet, and then I'm like..This isn't my wallet! I then reach into my back pocket and show him the credit cards I brought with. That's how I carried my money this morning. And then I'm like, OH MY GOSH! IT was the lady in front of me! And he goes, do you know where she went? I just laughed at him.

THAT MOMENT, this car came pulling in the space behind us, and the SAME LADY gets out, looking very confused and checking her purse! I yelled at her, DID YOU LOSE YOUR WALLET? And she looked at us with the BIGGEST sigh of relief on her face. And I told her, Thank this guy! He came running out after me!

But see, if it was the whole way that God set this up. I believe He KNEW this lady was going to leave her wallet behind, or at least knew she had things on her mind and it was a probability. He kept shoving her in my face, aggravating me so she was ingrained in my memory, then I chatted with her in the line, the young guy came out after me, and she returned just at the right time and I remembered her! IT WAS SO COOL!

I also for some reason took note of the car she was driving, and it was an older sort of beater model, I'm just saying that because something told me in my heart this lady was struggling as it was and didn't need the extra stress of losing her wallet. Well who does, for that matter, but anyway...

I know it's just a little thing. But sometimes I get the biggest kick out of the littlest things, because it just shows how much He cares about every aspect of our lives.

Okay, thanks for reading my boring story. But I'd love to hear anything that anybody else has. Just little things, you know? Doesn't have to be Angels with flaming swords appearing or anything. tongue.gif/>

Edited by RottieGrrrl
  • Upvote 1

You know dmiller, I know you're joking, but I actually thought about how manipulative the wayfers, and others, (specifically the JW I talked with a couple weeks ago) are with God. It's like, the way I thought was, God doesn't work outside the walls of......name your brand of religion....and what a crock that is and how awful and arrogant that is. He is so much bigger than we can even fathom. And this instance just reminded me of my own hypocrisy within the Way.

dmiller! hugs and steve and rottie too

i told this on here a while back

i was in line at shop rite sunday morning putting my groceries through and the young girl (18-19) was bagging and she was sooooooo upset - telling the cashier she was out last night and lost 100 bucks. i asked her where she lost it and she told me at the apartments where she lives with her dad (i'm familiar with those apts). i told her i'll go over and have a look (after asking her where she was hanging) so i went over there near the swing sets she and her friends had been - nothing - then i walked toward (or on) the street where she lives

suddenly i look down there's this tiny little thin scrumpled up money - i reach down - and it is five $20s. i took it right back to her at shop rite

i felt god was totally involved lol

Excie - - That's so cool! dance.gif

Ya know - - "back in the day" I'd of said that her "needs and wants were parallel". These days I'd just say that you are "tapped into" what the Father wanted to see happen for her with you as the "advocate". There's been a time or two (in the past few years) where I've been in a similar situation, and it's such a treat to know that you were in the right place at the right time for whomever you ran across that had a need. Some folks take drugs to get a high like that. I sure don't, and it sounds like you don't have to either. smile.gif

This is about 10 years ago. I was having lunch at a Boston Market. Usually they get my food to me before my coffee is ready, so I'd already chosen a booth and they called my name to tell me to come get my coffee. As I was heading back to my booth (coffee cup in hand), an elderly woman was attempting to sit in a chair. Their floors are tiled, and the chair she was trying to sit in started moving away from her and she was losing her balance and would have fallen except for ...me. I saw what was happening and in one quick motion, set the coffee cup down on a table, grabbed hold of her under each arm, slowly pulled her upright and repositioned the chair and told her to try again. She was rattled, but did so successfully.

Her family, a married couple and 2 or 3 kids came over and curtly thanked me. I got the impression they thought she was a pain but, if for no other reason, the old lady must have been blessed that I cared enough to try to help her. I wasn't thinking about God, though. I was just thankful I didn't screw it up. Do I have the wrong attitude?

I don't think you have to believe in God to want to help people. You don't have to be Superman, either.

I think that wanting to help people is one of those appetites God put in people from creation. I suppose that appetite can be squelched if you try to help and it backfires and you get yelled at. That could even happen to a little kid. But, yeah, by the time we're as old as we are, if we have a habit of thinking about God and asking him to help us be our best, then He can put us in situations like that.

• 1 month later...

Oh my gosh, I'm just catching up with these posts now! These are great!!!!! This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about! Sorry for the absence, I'm dealing with a crooked broker who stole money. Sigh. Anyway, this is the stuff I mean. I think many times we miss opportunities to help, at least I do, because my head is up my butt and my mind is rattling on about other things. But thank you! I always remind myself to look and listen to where Holy Spirit is guiding me, and then my mind starts off on it's own again................