GreaseSpot Cafe

1989-1998 Timeline: Insanity on Steroids

skyrider

I'd been away from GSC for a few years, so missed this and just saw it today. I've been neglecting my paying job to read it all in one go. I was kicked out in August 2001, after having been on probation in 1999, and lived through a lot of what you describe, albeit from a non-Corps perspective. Our local Way Corps though, was a true believer and enforced all the nonsense with an iron fist.

In regard to the "bribery" letter, my young son, who was maybe 7 years old, attempted to give him a pencil with an eraser in the shape of an animal of some kind, just because. He returned it to him, and quoted the bribery letter to me and my wife. Illegitimate son of a dog. 

The purges, the "revelation", the idiotic idea to put all the Way Corps on the payroll, the willingness of some people to get fully on board with the witch hunt atmosphere to get rid of people they didn't like, it got more insane every year, if not every week and every day. 

You spotlight that "the original sin was lesbianism" nonsense in the WayAP class. While only slightly more irrational than "the original sin was masturbation", it set new lows in shaky and disconnected chains of illogic and novel and out-of-context translations of Hebrew words. I sent a long letter to John Reynolds after sitting through this ridiculous class, highlighting that & many other crazy new doctrines promulgated in it. He called me on the telephone one night and told to (1) trust the trustees and (2) it sounded like I had been listening to internet gossip