If Raf were the Devil

Steve!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, you were defending pineapples?

My bad. I thought you were defending crap. smile.gif:)-->

I will kiss a lady even after she's had pineapple on bread, mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce. No problem. She just hasn't eaten a pizza, that's all. She's eaten something. She may have enjoyed it, and that's all well and good. But it wasn't a pizza.

quote:
Originally posted by Raf:

I will kiss a lady even after she's had pineapple on bread, mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce. No problem. She just hasn't eaten a pizza, that's all. She's eaten something. She may have enjoyed it, and that's all well and good. But it wasn't a pizza.

Yes Raf, she was eating something and that something is called PIZZA smile.gif:)-->

HAWAIIAN PIZZA

Printed from COOKS.COM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil, divided1 env. active dry yeast1 c. hot water1 tbsp. honey3-3 1/4 c. all-purpose flour, divided1 (15 1/2 oz.) jar pizza sauce6 oz. shredded Mozzarella cheese1 (8 oz.) can sliced pineapple3/4 c. diced ham1 sm. green pepper, cut into rings

Preparation: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 inch jelly roll pan with 1 tablespoon of the oil, set aside.

In large bowl, sprinkle yeast over water to soften. Stir in remaining oil and the honey. Stir in 2 3/4 cups of the flour. Place flour mixture on lightly floured surface. Knead in up to 1/2 cup more flour until dough is smooth.

Roll dough out to fit pan. Place in pan; crimp edges of dough. Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Spread pizza sauce evenly over crust. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with pineapple, ham and green pepper rings. Bake 25 minutes, or until topping and crust are lightly browned. Serves 6.

-----------------------------------------------

Now dosen't that sound good!!! smile.gif:)--> icon_razz.gif:P-->

Even cook books have pinapple on PIZZA's.

Raf,

To try to deny the truth that pinapple can go on Pizza (and yes, it is still a pizza). Is proof that you must be the devil icon_razz.gif:P--> smile.gif:)--> wave.gif:wave:-->

quote:
Yes Raf, she was eating something and that something is called PIZZA

Dude, I don't care if you call it filet mignon: it's not filet mignon, and it's not a pizza, solely by virtue of it having a pineapple on it. If you try to present me with contradictory information on this, I will have no choice but to DODGE. Dodge, distract, evade, avoid, anything but falsely admit the pizza is a pizza.

THERE! ARE! FOUR! LIGHTS!!!!

I WILL NOT CAPITULATE!!

In its basic form, a pizza (occasionally, pizza pie) is an oven-baked, flat, usually circular bread covered with tomato sauce and cheese with optional garnishes. The cheese is usually mozzarella or "pizza cheese". Various other foodstuffs can be added to this design as garnishes, most typically ground meats and sausages, such as salami and pepperoni, ham, bacon, fruits such as pineapple and olives, vegetable-like fruits such as chili peppers and sweet bell peppers, and vegetables such as onions and mushrooms. The crust is traditionally plain but can be flavoured with butter, garlic, herbs, or sesame. Because of the variety of ingredients typically used, pizza has been praised by nutritionists as an excellent fast food. Pizza is normally eaten hot (typically at lunch or dinner), but leftovers are often eaten cold, typically at breakfast or on a picnic.

Pizza has become an international food since the toppings can be extensively varied to meet local variations in taste. These pizzas consist of the same basic design but include an exceptionally diverse choice of ingredients, such as anchovies, egg, pineapple, eggplant, lamb, couscous, chicken, fish and shellfish, meats done in ethnic styles such as Moroccan lamb, kebab or even chicken tikka masala, and non-traditional spices such as curry and Thai sweet chili. A "white pizza" (pizza bianca) uses no tomato sauce, often substituting pesto or dairy products such as sour cream. Pizzas with "non-traditional ingredients" are known in the United States as "gourmet pizza" or California-style. It is also simple to make pizzas without meat for vegetarians.

Here's one for you, Raf.

Hawaiian pizzas are a North American invention, usually consisting of a cheese and tomato base with ham (sometimes Canadian bacon) and pineapple toppings. Hawaiian pizza is mocked by some as a variation which has strayed too far from its Italian roots, and loathed by others for the effect the addition of sweet fruit has on the overall flavor.

quote:
Originally posted by Thomas Heller:

Pizza has become an international food since the toppings can be extensively varied to meet local variations in taste.

Agreed.

quote:
These pizzas consist of the same basic design but include an exceptionally diverse choice of ingredients, such as anchovies,

Still a pizza

quote:
egg, pineapple, eggplant, lamb, couscous,

All of those automatically disqualify an oven-baked, flat, usually circular bread covered with tomato sauce and cheese from qualifying any longer as a pizza.

quote:
chicken,

Marginal. One foot in the pizza door, one foot out.

quote:
fish and shellfish,

Look, aside from anchovies, make up your damn mind. If you want fish, order shrimp. You want fish? Order fish. But stop polluting pizza with this carp!

quote:
meats done in ethnic styles

ALL MEATS ARE DONE IN ETHNIC STYLES.

quote:
such as Moroccan lamb, kebab or even chicken tikka masala, and non-traditional spices such as curry and Thai sweet chili.

These people are making my case for me! Although I think there is legal precedent for a kebab exception.

quote:
A "white pizza" (pizza bianca) uses no tomato sauce, often substituting pesto or dairy products such as sour cream.

Okay, that's not a pizza either. That's a hot open sandwich.

quote:
Pizzas with "non-traditional ingredients" are known in the United States as "gourmet pizza" or California-style.

Dude, cool, but not a pizza.

quote:
It is also simple to make pizzas without meat for vegetarians.

Duh!

Raf goes to China as an investigative reporter to see if there is real pizza in China, so he asks the concierge at his hotel if there's any place around where he can get truly authentic pizza. The concierge tells him he's in luck, there's a pizza place that just opened, and they deliver. He gets the phone number and goes back to his room and orders a pepperoni pizza.

Thirty minutes later, the delivery guy shows up to the door with the pizza.

Raf takes the pizza and starts sneezing uncontrollably. He asks the delivery man, "What did you put on this pizza?"

The pizza delivery man all confused says, "Pizza have what you order.....pepper only."

Internet Pizza Server Ordering Area

Please select the toppings you would like to chow down on...don't hold back! We need your money! A piping hot pizza will be delivered to your terminal before you can count to 300 billion!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select the size pizza you would like: SmallMediumLargeFamily

What would you like on your pizza?

Meats!

Bacon Bits Beef Beetles Canadian Bacon

Eyeballs Goblins Kittens Pepperoni

Pork Salami Sausage Fingers

Curly

Veggies!

Garlick Green Olives Green Pepper Mushrooms

Olives Onions Pineapple Red Pepper

Breakfast!

Bacon Eggs Toast

Sporting Goods!

Baseballs Basketballs Footballs Golfballs

Tennisballs

Junk Food!

Quik Altoids Pizzas Poptarts

Hardware!

Bolts Hammers Nails Nuts

Aphrodisiacs!

Green M&Ms

Misc!

Disks Legos Roadsigns Sinks

Smiles 8 Balls Firecrackers Candles

Click or to clear your order and start over.