GreaseSpot Cafe

Were You or Someone You Know Targeted by TWI?

OldSkool

Branching off of Bolsheviks post:

And more specifically from here in that thread:

And yeah, some folks had plans and tried to be crafty.  Some folks just let me have it until I broke down.

Mind you, I hated fellowship.  I was hiding from that too.

The way international has a long history of targeting certain people and harrasing them into compliance with TWI mandates or pushing them to mark and avoid status. 

I have personally witnessed the following actions during my time in the way international, both on the field, at gunnison, or HQ:

• Kicking new people out of foundational classes for being literally a minute late. And of course they don't refund the 100 bucks.
  • confronting people for attending another church or offshoot group.
  • Confronting people for interacting with locals from New Knoxville, New Bremen, etc and planning events without HQ permission
  • Harassing people for not abundant sharing
  • Harassing people coming back on grounds late at night. It was routine for safety to lock the gates and lock founders hall so anyone coming home late would have to call safety for entrance and of course that could go south quick.
  • Heck, I saw one person in my fellowship endure a shouting style confrontation because he messed up the worship manifestations.

I could go on but I thought I would put this out here to see where it goes. I kinda think that there is less harrassment now for staff due to human resource laws vs being your garden variety field way follower.

They harassed me horribly, once I got to HQ.  I now have an idea of what and why.   Could be wrong, and don't like to read back too much into the situations that arose, but hmm, with hindsight, the process to break me down could only lead to one place.  Yeuky LCM and his activities in the green room.  (Gags.)  

1995.  My practicum year, I led a WoW team.  My twig was pretty successful.  One young man we witnessed to had had a troubled youth, suffering (he intimated without being explicit) sexual abuse from older family males.  He was, however, hetero, a wonderfully kind man, always ready to help, and so very blessed and comforted by the love my wow family showed.  He himself chose to go WoW the next year.  Abuse got heaped on him because of his background and he ended up running away from them.  Climbed through the bathroom window, I heard.  I never heard of him again and often wonder what happened to him afterwards.  I rather suspect that the sad place he had come from became very much sadder after his encounter with TWI. 

1994.  Another male was "run off" because he was actually a man that preferred other men, though he hadn't acted on that.  He was abusively kicked out, condemned and bullied, and was deeply hurt because he'd really loved God.  I heard tales that would be very slanderous - whether the alleged activities or anything remotely like them took place is another matter.  I bumped into him in an airport many years later, when my plane was diverted.  He recognised me and we had a long chat.  I knew about the evils of TWI by that time.  I was able to set his mind at rest and when we parted, he was happier than he had been for years.  He'd just been a chap that came to twig.  No leadership position.

These events did NOT take place in the US.  This is what was happening "on the field" in another country.

There were some pretty weird and unpleasant things happened in the late 1980s in the UK too.  That was when Geer was making his power grab.  I can't remember specifics now.  Just weird and horrible things.

6 hours ago, Twinky said:

Another male was "run off" because he was actually a man that preferred other men, though he hadn't acted on that.  He was abusively kicked out, condemned and bullied, and was deeply hurt because he'd really loved God.  I heard tales that would be very slanderous - whether the alleged activities or anything remotely like them took place is another matter. 

Ah yes, the love of God in the renewed mind in manifestation, as we were told was what God wanted for and from us... but it wasn't demonstrated nearly as much as we were led to expect.

However, what a wonderful act of kindness and grace that you were able to set the man's mind at some degree of peace. :love3:

11 hours ago, Twinky said:

They harassed me horribly, once I got to HQ.  I now have an idea of what and why.   Could be wrong, and don't like to read back too much into the situations that arose, but hmm, with hindsight, the process to break me down could only lead to one place.  Yeuky LCM and his activities in the green room.  (Gags.)  

Im sure you are right on the money.