GreaseSpot Cafe

Text with Jesus App

chockfull

https://textwith.me/jesus/

You know what is really funny?

AI Jesus fits the intent of Christianity much more than a cult does.  It is a large language model application that uses generative AI from Bible context to answer questions.

You want to know what Jesus thinks?  It’s a free app.  (Satans perspective costs $2.99 along with Mary).

• 2 weeks later...

So this app to me represents the embodiment of “the Word takes the place of the absent Christ”.

Why?  Because it is a trained LLM - large language model - trained on the Bible as inputs.  So the answer to questions asked will be completely Biblically based.

The initial reaction of pastors usually is some form of “heresy”.

However after getting past the initial reaction pastors are giving it high marks.  Why?  My theory is usually spiritual leaders resort to answers that are a blend of scripture along with “God told me this”.  The LLM app will have zero of the “God told me this” response and have a complete scriptural based response.  So even pastors are able to separate out the intuition and guidance from the scriptural analysis.

Also it can serve as a check and balance to the honest Christian.  It can answer the question “How does my intuition stack up against scripture”?  Or to put it another way “How does what I feel God is telling me line up with scripture”?

Of course nothing is perfect but to me it could be an interesting addition to a conversation.  “Hey let’s ask Jesus on the topic “

I guess like a lot of things here maybe I’m alone in my interest on the topic.

You aren’t alone in your interest in this topic.

I’ve been playing with the free version. Though I’ve reached my limit, at 11:22pm I will be allowed to resume my conversation with Jesus. Or I could purchase a subscription for $2.99 which unlocks 95% of the functionality and access. Boy, oh boy, someone’s gonna get more than abundantly rich from this app!

You can choose among 21 doctrinal belief systems by which your questions will be answered - from Southern Baptist to Catholic to JW, and many more! Or you can filter “no preference” to ensure traditional, consensus-scholarship answers.

You can ask questions of the Holy Family, Apostles, Prophets and “Others,” including Noah and Mary Magdalene!

I queried Moses, Noah, John the Baptist and Jesus. Moses seems to know that he didn’t write the Torah, but concedes tradition attributes authorship to him. Noah beat around the bush concerning the horrific ocean of corpses he sailed through, saying only that it was catastrophic.

I asked John the Baptizer if Mike’s accusation had merit:

IMG_1618.png

I asked Jesus if he will be teaching from PFAL at his return:

IMG_1619.png

IMG_1620.jpeg

I don’t who is more cynical, the developers or I. 

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Gloves
  • Like 2

I love how Moses knows what modern scholarly consensus says concerning authorship of the Torah, and I love that Jesus is able to cite chapter and verse from Paul's epistle to the Corinthians when asked if he is as fluent in glossolalia as I am.

Really, this app is hilarious. A brilliant entrepreneurial scheme!