GreaseSpot Cafe

VPW: An example of a bad student handling the scriptures deceitfully

pjroberge

There is no second Adam. There is only a FIRST Adam (meant to be father of a race) who screwed up, and then there is THE LAST Adam (not 2nd, as if there might be more down the block somewhere) who was also meant to "father" a race, and did not screw up.

There is nothing unusual about describing Jesus as the Last Adam, since He will accomplish what the first Adam should have, yet didn't.

proberge:

I'm not saying that Wierwille was necessarily right, but his explanation makes a lot more sense than yours IMHO.

Copyright 2004 by the author. Permission to copy, quote from, reproduce icon_wink.gif;)--> and make fun of given to anyone who doesn't copyright their posts

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

oak

it was only a musing that was of no consequence when I wrote it on waydale many years ago. I don't know why it keeps being brought up.

Anyway, as with all theories I take pleasure either in them proven or disproven. There is a moving forward with the exploration of ideas either way...

"A battle of wits is hardly enjoyable when the other party is unarmed"

Copyright 2004 by the author.All rights reserved. Duplication prohibited

Pat: Actually, there wasn't anything wrong with your original premise, it just, like 99.9% of all hypotheses, got hung up on a detail or two. In truth, it's quite refreshing to find someone who doesn't try to defend every far-out idea they have by calling in the Death Star. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Tom: No jumping to conclusions! Students must show all work for credit... icon_biggrin.gif:D-->