GreaseSpot Cafe

Are The Dead Alive Now?

Nottawayfer

Mike said :This question was answered in GREAT detail by Daniel McConaughy in a Way Magazine GMIR article titled “Early Patristic Evidence for the Forgery of Matthew 27:52b and 53” in the May/June 1982 issue.

============================================

Gee, Mike, thanks loads. Clears it right up.

icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

No one is talking about "them bones" raised up in the OT. Are they alive still? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

I still have all my old copies of the "way rag", but haven't looked at them for decades now. icon_eek.gif Guess I should dust them off, and learn some more "rightly divided Werewolf". icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Shellon,

Ohhhh! You mean you were being sarcastic.

To convey such a complex nuance you need to put more data in the message.

I did see the "wink" but that can be interpreted a number of ways.

Did you see Juan's post right under mine where large portions of the article are posted?

"Cyprian of Carthage mentions only that when the tombs burst open and the bodies were exposed, that the “bodies returning to the light were restored,” also making no mention of their entrance and appearance in Jerusalem, in On the Glory of Martyrdom, chapter 29"

" The first addition was probably “and many bodies of the saints that had fallen asleep arose,” as is witnessed to by some early writers. Since this chronologically was incorrect, they added “and came out of the tombs after his resurrection…”. Forgers added these expressions to make it sound like Jesus was the first one up. "

I read this passage in KJV and asked, "Why would they be raised from the dead and come out of their tombs 3 days later?" It makes no sense.

JustThinking,

I must have touched one of your hot buttons.

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

You posted

"I'm supposed to honor my father and mother too. I wouldn't put them on the same level as God or pray to them."

Why do you have a problem with honoring the Son as you honor the Father?

Why can't you pray to the Son and put Him on the same level as the Father?

You can. It is scriptural, contrary to TWI's wrong teaching. I pray that you will free your mind and learn to love the lord Jesus more. Read the scriptures.

quote:
This question was answered in GREAT detail by Daniel McConaughy in a Way Magazine GMIR article titled “Early Patristic Evidence for the Forgery of Matthew 27:52b and 53” in the May/June 1982 issue

What makes one think we trust twi's doctrine anymore? I don't trust much they taught me. Remember, practical error always leads to doctrinal error? It's the practical errors and the refusal to make them right which have caused so much hurt and distrust for this organization and it's leadership.

Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me. Well, I ain't getting screwed anymore. The churches today are not full of idiots or religious zealots like twi taught. I don't see them believing in blind faith either.

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects.

ARE THE DEAD ALIVE NOW? HUMMMMMMMM! I hope not.Do you know what a dead body looks and smells like after a while? "Thriller" revisited.

At this point in my spiritual walk it equates to "wheither Adem had a belly-botton or not" It's not that important to me to know.