GreaseSpot Cafe

Cult list

vickles

The way I look at it is that if someone that was in TWI is not willing to say they were in a cult or even that it was cultish they either never experienced what some others experienced or they are not willing to except that they were conned.

Most likely the latter. :nono5::wave::evilshades:

:wink2:

Edited by vickles

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I look at it is that if someone that was in TWI is not willing to say they were in a cult or even that it was cultish they either never experienced what some others experienced or they are not willing to except that they were conned.

Most likely the latter.

I totally agree. The freedom you have once you come to grips with the reality of this worth it. Life goes on. Time to dance to a new tune.... :dance::dance::dance:

The Mormons have the be the best cult. They appear normal to the outside world, behave responsibly to all and only get controlling once you get in the group.

Here's a typical day for their missionaries. (Compare to WOW)

"Missionaries pay their own way for two years including rent, food, utilities, and laundry. Family and members of their home congregation often give financial support, but many young members of the church grow up with two banks on their dresser, one for college and one for a mission. They follow the same rules and schedule whether they serve in Africa, Asia, or Alabama- up at 6:30, exercise until 7, shower, dress, breakfast until 8. Then it’s personal scripture study until 9 and study together until 10. The rest of the day, until 9 P.M. they proseltyze.

Here's the exception.

"We go around neighborhoods knocking on doors, visiting with people, ask if they’d like to hear our message and if there is anything we can do to help them like wash windows, rake, paint," Brey says. "Part of our mission assignment is to give four hours of service each week to members of the community. We have helped in soup kitchens and hospitals, taught English as a second language, and helped lots of people move."

Yes, but it is rather nice that they help people in the community. I have met a couple of them and have been very impressed with them just wanting to help people. No pressure. A lot different than twi when we were WOW's. We were there for them only if they expressed interest in PFAL. If they needed help but wasn't interested then forget them.

I know and agree...I guess I shouldn't have put but in there as in but in contrast. Sorry about that. I was just putting more in put of my thoughts. We are in agreement..... :wink2:

I used to belong to a cult where men and women dressed up in black robes, lit candles and chanted repetitive prayers to the dead and no one was allowed to dispute its leader. It went to great lengths to seek out members and chastised those who left and any that did not believe in their doctrine.

Oh, sorry, not a cult. I was talking about my early days in the Roman Catholic Church.

I used to belong to a cult where men and women dressed up in black robes, lit candles and chanted repetitive prayers to the dead and no one was allowed to dispute its leader. It went to great lengths to seek out members and chastised those who left and any that did not believe in their doctrine.

Oh, sorry, not a cult. I was talking about my early days in the Roman Catholic Church.

Ha! In grade school -- I was chosen early on, to play organ for the daily mass before classes.

(hmmm -- 1965, or somewhere near there!)

(I went to a Parochial school -- we did mass every day, before classes.) ---

It was a pleasure to be up in the organ loft, and NOT to have to participate otherwise.

I'm guessing every *religion* has it's *voo-doo*, but RCC has more than the rest.

However I will say (as I've said it before here) ----

Catholic Charismatics were the ones who showed me how to speak in tongues ---

NOT docvic. ;)