GreaseSpot Cafe

private messages

ex10

hahaha Adios

I don't own any pearls, and I've retired from baking cookies since my kids have taken over that domestic duty. I much prefer shorts and flip flops, pretty much required dress in the killer heat round here.

But I do LOVE Grace Kelly, especially in Hitchcock films.

Ex, I am glad to make you laugh. I loved Grace Kelly also. I can remember where I was when I found out about her death. She was a gem!

CW, Yes I saw two topics. I posted in one. I did not know if I was intruding.

Excathedra, I clicked on private topic (see below) and then poof I saw some topics started by CW. I could go in them and look at her beautiful artwork (good job CW. I loved the stuff). I didn't know if I was invited or if I stumbled in to CW's secret world. It looks like CW is not the only one with a secret world. He he he. Now we know where you spend all your time

As far as I can tell they are private. I think you can only see them if you are a participant in one of them.

I started one, and invited Ginger just because that was the first name that entered my mind. So far she's not answered, so I am assuming that one must invite these participants, but I don't know how to do that since email addy's may not be present.

I clicked on Private Topics below, and the only one I saw was mine. Let's give it a little time and see if Ginger can mine and post in it. Then, I'll put some more names in my "contact list" and see what happens.

BTW it is an innane topic, just incase somebody can read it...when you set it up you can decide who can read it and who can post to it. Interesting little feature.

Let us know Ginger!

I think it is safe to assume that the Admin or anyone with admin priviliges can see any topic thread, including a private one.

Paw ?

The only way a regular user can view a private topic is if the person who started the topic invited them or checked the field that allows everyone to read it.

A person is not automatically notified when they have been invited into a private topic. To find out is you have been invited into a private topic, periodically open "MySpot" and check the "Private Topic" tab. Or just click on the Private Topics icon at the bottom of a page like this one.

[This message was edited by GOEY on June 24, 2002 at 17:06.]

Guest Admin

Quite honestly, I have been focusing on other areas of the site.

I haven't delved into the private topics.

I know that there are extra safeguards that can be put in that will ensure more privacy, and I have experimented a little with it. I am not ready to implement those safeguards yet. I will make an announcement when that will happen.

Paw, don't hurry on my account, either! You've got plenty to do just getting other things going.

Goey, thanks for the info. I would have assumed the same thing...but I figure if it's so private that a moderator or admin shouldn't see it, then maybe it's too private for the 'net.

ExC, Ginger Tea and Quasar....I invited you girls to my Private Messages, so go to the bottom of your screen and click Private Messages to see what you can see! LOL!

http://www.imood.com/query.cgi?email=CoolWaters@cox.net'>The current mood of CoolWaters@cox.net a</p>