THE "It ... just ... won't ... die..."

Steve!

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is no vengeance in mine heart! And if there were, I now know to hit the Escape key, and it would all be ok!

Somebody posted a day or so ago, that they thought the fun and playfulness of THE Cafe were over.

I always make pilgramages to THE, as you know. This one just happened to be a little longer than usual, and then, that young whippersnapper firebee started in....and it was all over.

quote:
We're all gone now!

On WayDale, when THE began, there were times when several posters posted, to it such as today. And there would be a lull....and then, a flourish again.

"We" (and I have to include myself, because I was guilty also) used to "race" to significant numbers...like the next 100 "or something like that".

Sometimes, a few would just keep hitting the reply button together with several others to see who earned the dubious honorable distinction of being poster 2500 on THE.

This would probably never happened like this, except cityhog mentioned it as part of an exit post...so I went and found it and brought THE up to the top...hoping it would please her.

As it happens, Dabobbada also reacquainted himself around the same time. The rest is recent history, which if you care to laff yourself silly, you can read from the middle of pg 2 on. And I must add, it is all sillyness.

It is just one of those things. Sometimes a few of us "older" people just go off in a sandbox and play nice with each other (not that you have to be old to play.)

Does that explain it sufficiently?

Edited by Guest

I discovered by accident that posts become inactive in 30 days, and infopop doesn't allow posting after that time.

Heads up, everybody...unless we wish our "esteemed diety" to suffer demise by neglect.

If we don't keep our gods alive...nobody is gonna do it for us!

• 2 weeks later...

...in the eastern foothills of the rocky mountains of western Ohio, at the foot of THE mountain, sitting at THE Fountain of Living Guinness, with my tired feet soaking in the rich foamy dark pools.

It had been a long three weeks searching the world over looking for THE, who had not been seen for quite a while. THE last few years had not been kind to THE.

At THE of Ages, THE had divided himself into six parts and was doing an absolutely hilarious version of the Blue Angels aerial aerobatics team when he ran smack dab right into himself at a combined closing airspeed of over 1000 miles per hour. After that he was always somewhat out of phase with himself, let alone the universe.. (It didn't help that THE had sucked down about three kegs of Guinness just prior to the airshow.)

Then President Laid Crap Martianhumper was exposed before THE whole congregation when THE true meaning of his book, "V.D. and ME" became known. Though John Hinder investigated his WayGB cubicle diligently, he never discovered that THE secret interpretations to "V.D. and Me" had been planted by Theosalie 'Fox' Drivinhog in her takeover coup to gain THE presidency and the president's wife for herself.

If Laid Crap Martianhumper had turned the freewheeling happy-go-lucky...... er, -believing religion of THE into an egotistical, hardassed selfserving MOG worshipping slavedom, Theosalie has slightly mellowed it out to an egotistical, hardassed, selfserving MOG worshipping slavedom-question mark where noone knows what THE rules are.

Way II much fun for one man.

love,

Bob Hansen

After that, THE was seen evermore with a six-pack of kegs under each arm. Rumors ran rampant that whenever THE was at home in his Olympian palace at THE top of THE Mountain, He was plugged in to an IV connected directly to a Guinness tanker truck.

THE had been a good odd, and He was our odd. THE was spontaneously born of a computer glitch when Raf was trying to post. That and our own vain imaginings and efforts fashioned THE into an ODD after our own images of meaningless religious drivel.

But as we got caught up with THE newly found freedoms and joys of this world and found commonsense, we forgot about our odd of strange babble-ons and endless numerous number count races.

Then the E-vile anti-THE forces came in and hijacked THE and He ain't hardly been seen since.

Awakening from my slumber under THE Fountain of Living Guinness, I had dug myself out and regained control of my swirling brain cells. After reaquainting myself with THE new Greasespot Cafe I determined to find THE again.

As I went out in search of THE

It began a spurtual awakening......

Way II much fun for one man.

love,

Bob Hansen