GreaseSpot Cafe

Deprogramming..Words of Terror

Stayed Too Long

I will rephrase what was said to me.

The discussion started because I was concerned about some things that was said to me about TWI. One of the discussions was de-programming. Patty Faye informed me that when belivers were taken by force that they would go after the believer and take them back. I ask why? She said, "Because we went after the believers who we knew wanted to be in TWI and not with their families." "They were taken by force and we got them back." She also preceeded to tell me what horror the belivers had gone through during de-programming and how they had to work with them to get them back. Back to what, I don't know.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sadie:

"I will rephrase what was said to me."

Okay lets try again.

"The discussion started because I was concerned about some things that was said to me about TWI. One of the discussions was de-programming. Patty Faye informed me that when belivers were taken by force that they would go after the believer and take them back."

Okay so Patty was saying that when somebody was abducted from her Twig, the Twig would chase down the abductors and retreive the abductee.

Okay that sounds fine.

I neve did, but then again had I known who was doing abductions and where they were, I might have done likewise.

"I ask why? She said, "Because we went after the believers who we knew wanted to be in TWI and not with their families."

But she did not attempt to release the abductees if they were not sure, that the abductee 'wanted' to be released to go back to twig?

In my fellowships, everyone was free to go to their families, or to twig, or both. It was never an either or situation.

Perhaps someone's family did not like someone going to Twig, but it was the family who said such. So if you wanted to go see your family, you went. If not then you stayed home.

" ... "They were taken by force and we got them back." She also preceeded to tell me what horror the belivers had gone through during de-programming and how they had to work with them to get them back. Back to what, I don't know."

I could see that often they might be hungry and would like food, or water, maybe bandaging, most definately sleep.

When I got away I did not wnat to hear about trinity, or baptism, or spirit, the words just blended together. I would think that most recently released abductees, would really like sleep.

Or maybe a back-alley where they could bush-whack their previous abductors.

:-)

In 1985, when one of our followers was abducted for deprogramming, he just wanted to hang-out with no pressure being put on him. He was raised RC, and I think his abduction was done partly by his family's priest. He told us that the priest had other 'friends' who were knowledgible in de-programming and that it was the group of 'them' [the priest, the de-programming specailists, and the family] who had been there during his de-programming.

We did ask if there was anything that we could do for him, but I dont recall there being anythign other than loving him.

:-)

Del D was quoted in Karl K's The Cult That Snapped as heading up a "rescue team" that broke into houses and hotel rooms and such to rescue those being "deprogrammed".

Other than what Lifted Up has shared, I have only met one other person who had been abducted for a deprogramming. This person escaped on his own. Wierwille wrote a By The Way paid editorial in 1980 or 81 about another deprogramming attempt. The abductee also ecaped on his own.

If TWI was kidnapping back the kidnapped they never made it public as far as I know.

I recall being at a "closed meeting" with Veepee and Del D...(about 1977 or so...) in which Veepee talked about his "special rescue team" that was being coordinated by Del...it was all hush hush stuff. Supposedly, Del was an ex navy seal and they pulled off numerous "rescues" of twiers who had been grabbed by the deprogrammers.

• 2 weeks later...

When an individual encourages me to be in an atmosphere telling me all these things that will happen to me if I don't do what is taught me and I am submissive to his/her talk, then they are de-programming my life. I do believe that TWI did this.

There is an older lady in this vicinity that could curl the hair on your head telling of her treatment with TWI. The filth that she was subjected to by BC's and FC's concerning her, her family and friends caused her much hardship. She was stripped of pretty much everything because she believed everything she was being told. That is submission by her and the de-programming by TWI of her believing what a prosperous life really is and the love of her

family can only be if they are in the ministry.

In 1992 when I took the intermediate class, it was announced that we should NOT have anything to do with our family if anything was said aganist TWI. To hell with them when it comes to my family. Their deprogramming of what I truly believe God has in store for me is certainly not what they teach....