GreaseSpot Cafe

Common Ground Fair - Unity Maine

OnionEater

Oh Geeze, Oh man...I forgot The Common Ground Fair was that weekend!!!! Promised my Sister I would work for her that weekend, so she bought her plane tickets already. Sheet, Shoot and another word like 'at!!

I Love that Fair and haven't been in Years. Would be great to see the "New"place...would have been Much Better seeing you, Onion, and Wacky there. Okay what's the NEXT Fair? Is it Cumberland or Fryeburg? So sorry I agreed to work now : (

OXOX to ya anyway

Hey Onion...

I just set up my shed this week....and the welding suppliers just dropped off my first K "vile" of oxygen and a propane tank.

I haven't set it all up yet, as I need to wait for an artist friend to teach me....so, I haven't done any creating yet... icon_wink.gif;)-->

I bought some Handy Flux from rio grande...haven't used it yet...

do you have extra copper tongs I could buy too? icon_razz.gif:P-->

My main focus is the glass beads...but...I do plan on bezelling all these opals I have...perhaps combining it all. I have 2 torches...one stable one to duct tape to the table for my glass bead making...and the other one is for working with jewelry by hand.

I have a little website in process right now...it is just at the beginning stages, but, you are welcome to check it out.

www.thecapecod.net

See you soon... icon_smile.gif:)-->

ok...thanx OE... icon_smile.gif:)-->

It's been awhile since I was at class for this. I have plenty of solder...and the handy dandy flux...I think all I need is the pickle...and the tongs...dya think?

Does he have PMC at a discount? (precious metal clay)...that's another thing I'm getting into as I have just purchased a kiln that will fire not only my beads but it has a topper for fusing glass and cooking the PMC...if so...would you get me a big bag of the PMC3 and PMC+? I'll bring lots of cash to the fair.

Thanx...

Want me to bring my opals? do you need any?

I also have uncut YOWAH, which is absolutely gorgeous...in jars of water I trekked back from OZ....they're very interesting...

Wacky

I just returned from Maine this afternoon. I spent the past week driving a bulldozer pushing stumps around trying to clear a big enough area to build a house on. I will NOT be able to make it to Unity this year, sorry. I did have a lot of fun last year though. Too bad we missed each other. The Unity Common Grounds Fair is a very nice event, as we make the move to Maine I do hope that we will be able to make the fair routinely.

Our children did gather lots of ribbons from the local 4H fair here in Connecticut as well as a Grange fair.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a great time at the fair...but missed seeing OE...dunno why...perhaps timing?

I couldn't believe it...but...I ran into a couple ex ways from way back...haven't seen them in 16 years and I friggin' recognized them!!! It was at the spinning tent...and I ended up yakkin' with them and I taught Rob to spin yarn (he's always wanted to...and it was neat to teach him)!!!

Never know where you're gonna run into ex-ways...

It brought up alot of sadness...the fair is full of great people...politically active and ole hippie type good people...

We reminisced the roa...and altho the fair was spectacular, there was just nothing like the roa.

Hope to see you there next year...

P.S. I saw 2 people who looked like Daggoo...and called out her name...but, alas...it wasn't her (methinks) icon_wink.gif;)-->

Really wanted to be there: )

So what happened Onion? Saw a few people come into the store with this years Common Ground Fair Tee Shirt on!! Another really nice one...I applied to enter the tee shirt contest years ago. Didn't get my entry in on time. Hey maybe next years : )

Would have liked to meet you there Wacky!! So you spin yarn? I tell a good story myself : ) lol

Hey Donner...seems like Onion and I wandered past each other umpteen times...

Yes I spin!!! I spent most of my time at the Wednesday Spinner's tent. I learned to dye wool with onions and madder. I bought a madder plant and will plant it in my yard to dye this gorgeous deep orange/red color...takes 3 years to cultivate it tho...but, oh what fun!!!

I have a vat of water mordanting some wool as we speak. This morning I am going to the cranberry bogs here and pick pounds and pounds of cranberries to dye the wool with. It's pretty fun.

This winter I will be weaving "the cape cod cranberry shawl"...

I dyed some angora up in Maine, and am carting it now...it's a lovely light pink...I'm pretty psyched!!! icon_smile.gif:)-->

(I spent oodles of $$$ on cashmere, angora and the like)...the Common Ground Fair is a very dangerous place!!!

Next weekend I am sitting at a local village green with the local spinners here to sell the wares I did last winter...

I hope to meet/see you next year at the fair too!!! Perhaps we could plan it better!!! Plan NOW!!!

icon_smile.gif:)-->

Hey Chaz...good to cyber see you icon_smile.gif:)--> How's mommyhood?

The clam shell is a pendant...but I could make you some earrings, if you'd like. I just had the shed set up (finally)....and will be starting production within the next week.

Right now I am dyeing wool/angora that I bought up at the fair with over 150lbs of cranberries Ocean Spray gave me!!!! I am soooooooo psyched.

I was picking them at the bogs, but...very time consuming...like picking those itsy bitsy Maine blueberries, if you know what I mean icon_wink.gif;)-->

The pendant is $40 with the silver and austrian crystals...not sure what earrings would be, but for you...whatever you can afford is fine with me. What color clams would you like?

Good to hear from you.

Thanx for the compliment. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Hope to see you next year at the fair.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...