GreaseSpot Cafe

Caption Contest

ChattyKathy

Maybe your squirrel has friends. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Snow day here, think my first. Our cul-de-sac somehow got the big mound of snow. So on our tree lawn is a row of maybe 5' snow from this fall we just had. The kids living in this circle are out there building the most awesome fort. Then to our back is a slight hill where a house above us houses a bucko of kids. They are sliding down it half way into our yard probably, perfect conditions. If I could have a snow day and maybe be a tad blue having these youngin's around me having a grand ole time is way kewl indeed!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be, but I only usually see the one. Real big blackbirds have also started coming. The squirrel chases them off. Now the squirrels at one of the big schools here are HUGE. Some of them are the diameter of cats, the other proportion being squirrel-like. They hang out outside of the school cafeteria. Kids throw them whole sandwiches, bagels, french fries, etc. The squirrels can climb trees still- barely.

That's it!!!!! Why they are called ground squirrels...oops wrong part of this story line.

Okay so you were saying...well those big blackbirds will scare small children away so I bet you just found your culprits. Maybe they are of the vegetarian kind.

CoolWaters, hey girl! Trust all is well with you. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Hello Coolwaters too. Well, the big birds only get a peck or two at the walnuts before the squirrel bites them. I've seen him really latch on too. If the college squirrels continue getting the same diet, I think you are right- they will be ground squirrels. At least the kids are not eating so much junk, as the squirrels get it. Suprised they are still alive though. They couldn't run fast, and we do have fox and coyote coming into the city limits.

Well so much for my theory. Let's see then, could it be....oh wait I just remembered the funniest squirrel thing I saw on one of those funniest home thingys....there was a squirrel that jumped onto one of those circular feeders that has a bar around the top (for maybe birds to stand on, I don't know)....but this squirrel got hold of that bar upon his graceful leap and the motion of his landing and movement made that thing start going in a circle....the more he fidgeted around to get some placement to obtain that feed the faster that thing went in a circle....ha ha ha ha (sorry remembering the scene)....and all of a sudden when that sucker was just a spinning the squirrel no longer could hold on and off into the sunset that sucker flew like a dadgum flying saucer....ha ha ha ha....the funniest thing ya ever saw....ha ha ha ha