GreaseSpot Cafe

Eyes To See

ChattyKathy

ChattyKathy

Adherence to things when it validates our beliefs is something we're familiar with I know. We were told not to go to the Word seeking proof for our thinking. While I understand that was to be a warning for not having preconceived ideas it does ring true in having the openness to receive as an honest objective.

There was limited objective especially honest.

How we see ourselves being defined by outside sources is the worldly way. I can't speak for you but as for me it's certainly taken its toll on my thinking. There's not much unsaid about this point. But what about my seeing others only as the world defines them. And more to the point, what if I allow my view of what they should be to blind me? What a loss of richness to myself I've brought on.

What are the outside sources? What is the worldy way? What blinds you the loss of richness toward others?

I'll never understand what its like to be inside their head, even if I take on the same belief system. All our steps leading up to death are varied enough that none are able to truly "be there" as another is.

Who's head? What "same belief system"?

But what if I can't imagine myself where they are? Is it because I don't like it, or is it so different from what I know I fail at hearing or seeing the difference? Or is it because it's fundamentally and morally insane? By whose definition one may ask am I gauging insanity. I think that's universal enough in defining terrorism our most current example.

I don't go looking in the Word according to God or The World According To Garp either for validation for my belief terrorism and radical thinking is wrong. I just know it's wrong.

We were taught to remove the cause and I think without realizing it we may think removing the whole of something, when it contained good as well, is safer than risk of acceptance seems.

Just thinking out loud y'all.

me too

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by TheSongRemainsTheSame:

ChattyKathy

Adherence to things when it validates our beliefs is something we're familiar with I know. We were told not to go to the Word seeking proof for our thinking. While I understand that was to be a warning for not having preconceived ideas it does ring true in having the openness to receive as an honest objective.

There was limited objective especially honest.

There was limited objective encouraged in seeking something to validate your thinking. Or so say twi. But not having a preconceived "anything" seems quite valuable to me at times.

How we see ourselves being defined by outside sources is the worldly way. I can't speak for you but as for me it's certainly taken its toll on my thinking. There's not much unsaid about this point. But what about my seeing others only as the world defines them. And more to the point, what if I allow my view of what they should be to blind me? What a loss of richness to myself I've brought on.

What are the outside sources? What is the worldy way? What blinds you the loss of richness toward others?

The world's view is the outside sources. Leading me to state it is worldly or fleshly to define what we think we should see or look like. I'm blinded to the richness of others when I cut them off, or minimally cut off the fullness of what they are because I'm not looking for myself, but for whomever's perception I'm gazing through.

I'll never understand what its like to be inside their head, even if I take on the same belief system. All our steps leading up to death are varied enough that none are able to truly "be there" as another is.

Who's head? What "same belief system"?

No one particular Song, just looking at any one and know what's inside them, and how they got to be where they are. I could have the same belief system as everyone around me and still not really know what formed the pathways for their receipt of the same as I'm partaking of.

But what if I can't imagine myself where they are? Is it because I don't like it, or is it so different from what I know I fail at hearing or seeing the difference? Or is it because it's fundamentally and morally insane? By whose definition one may ask am I gauging insanity. I think that's universal enough in defining terrorism our most current example.

I don't go looking in the Word according to God or The World According To Garp either for validation for my belief terrorism and radical thinking is wrong. I just know it's wrong.

We were taught to remove the cause and I think without realizing it we may think removing the whole of something, when it contained good as well, is safer than risk of acceptance seems.

Just thinking out loud y'all.

me too

me too back Stevo, thanks! icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:

I dig that one CK.

Who is the "We" and the "it"?

and "the cause" ?

you have many a question

& so do I

and uhmm as far as meds go~~~ I prefer to keep the serotonin level at max capacity~~~

Edited by oneyedjackswild1 ps

quote:

Yo CK... I edited obviously while you were responding!!!! (no wicked weird cackle laugh here)

hmmm

nice cheap shot on the meds... loved that one

...and uhm I'm not a "we" ex anything... wow, a level i have not seen in a while...

OMG...remember we started out this way a couple of years ago...egads...run Songster run...

And eyes within eyes to see beyound the myst. For we see through a stained glass, light according to our understanding. Holy Shlt is that the Holy Grail!!!?

quote:
OMG...remember we started out this way a couple of years ago...egads...run Songster run...

"Can't you see I'm walking here!"

Lt. Dan

New Years Eve (hmmm which year?)

By robert johnson

I went down to the crossroads, fell down on my knees.

Asked the lord above for mercy, save me if you please.

I went down to the crossroads, tried to flag a ride.

Nobody seemed to know me, everybody passed me by.

I’m going down to rosedale, take my rider by my side.

You can still barrelhouse, baby, on the riverside.

You can run, you can run, tell my friend-boy willie brown.

And I’m standing at the crossroads, believe I’m sinking down.

The live Cream version of this song turned up really loud, will strike your soul. Johnson does a good job, but just does not deliver the weight necessary to fold steel. Cream delivers with raw bone rattling bass (Jack Bruce), thunderring drums (Ginger Baker),and starling ripping riffs (Slow Hand).

Whoops. Pardon me. I do think that was the Holy Grail back there. I would love to stay and finish whatever point I was heading. Sorry for the slight digression!

NOW YOU CAN OPEN YOUR EYES.SURPRISE!!!

ROK ON !!!!!

quote:

And eyes within eyes to see beyound the myst. For we see through a stained glass, light according to our understanding. Holy Shlt is that the Holy Grail!!!?

It's only a flesh wound ya know!

quote:

"Can't you see I'm walking here!"

Lt. Dan

Lt. Dan: Have you found God yet, Gump?

Forrest Gump: I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him.

Forrest Gump: Lieutenant Dan, what are you doing here?

Lt. Dan: I'm here to try out my sea legs.

Forrest Gump: But you ain't got no legs, Lieutenant Dan.

Lt. Dan: Have you found Jesus yet Gump?

Forrest Gump: I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him sir.

New Years Eve (hmmm which year?)

You tell me! icon_smile.gif:)-->

By robert johnson

Asked the lord above for mercy, save me if you please.

Nobody seemed to know me, everybody passed me by.

You can still barrelhouse, baby, on the riverside.

And I’m standing at the crossroads, believe I’m sinking down.

The live Cream version of this song turned up really loud, will strike your soul. Johnson does a good job, but just does not deliver the weight necessary to fold steel. Cream delivers with raw bone rattling bass (Jack Bruce), thunderring drums (Ginger Baker),and starling ripping riffs (Slow Hand).

I don't have the live Cream version, but I have their recorded version of Crossroads, as well Clapton's new CD "Me and Mr. Johnson"...a must have! As great as Robert Johnson was Clapton CONTROLS that song. Ya know what, Clapton ain't the best but he has the whole package that sets him apart IMHO. But then I'm not prejudice am I? icon_wink.gif;)-->

If you don't have "Pilgrim" (Clapton) please get it, it's well worth the effort. Then when playing for the first time start at track #3. As much as I love the first two tracks, their downers and best not to catch the first taste through. You'll probably play "Broken Hearted" a few times though...it's SWEET!

Whoops. Pardon me. I do think that was the Holy Grail back there. I would love to stay and finish whatever point I was heading. Sorry for the slight digression!

NOW YOU CAN OPEN YOUR EYES. SURPRISE!!!

Thanks, been kinda difficult walking through life with my eyes closed man. icon_razz.gif:P-->

ROK ON !!!!!