GreaseSpot Cafe

private messages

Galen

I used to have notices sent to me immediately whenever I received a private message. Thus I have not been in the habit of checking them, as I assumed that whenever I got a new one, I would recieve a notice.

However I just did check and that 'option' was no longer selected.

May I suggest that each and everyone here review their notification options.

If nothing else, select to be notified when you get a PM.

Thank you for your time.

icon_cool.gif

Galen -- I put the PM in my favourites (along with several of the other forums), so when I get on line -- I can go to any one of them right away.

Your's is a good idea too. I used to do that, but it clogged my e-mail, so I just have it in *favourites* now, and check it (as I would my regular e-mail), to see what is new -- since I am away from the computer most of the day. Instant notifications don't benefit me the way it would for those who are by their computers more often than I.

I seldom get PMs, which is why I had them on instant notification. So that I would not have to check them routinely. I could 'forget' about them, and they would notify me when there was something for me to see.

My point was that, somewhere over the months, it seems to have 'lost' it's setting. I only wanted to remind others to check their settings.

May God bless you.

:-)