GreaseSpot Cafe

Most obnoxious neighbor

Abigail

HA! That reminds me of the time that a WOW up here was the *obnoxious* neighbor. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I forget the exact story, but he and his wow family moved into an upstairs apartment, and when they had told the elderly landlady that they were going to be running fellowhips there, she said "Oh my, I hope it won't be disturbing. The last group of renters I had up there, sounded like a herd of elephants."

Long story short -- she did something to irritate them, and they decided to get revenge. They turned up the speakers of a very high quality sound system, and put in a tape of elephants bellowing and trumpeting, and they all started stomping on the floor -- directly above her bedroom. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

They got 30 days notice. icon_frown.gif:(-->

We lived in an apartment complex for 16 years before we bought our house. 5 years in a one bedroom and 11 in a two bedroom. Same complex.

We had neighbors upstairs when we were in the two bedroom who also had a daughter around my daughter's age. I became friends with the mom but it was such a roller coaster ride that I gave up on the friendship.

One time her daughter and my daughter were in my daughter's bedroom and they ended up cutting each other's hair. To me it was just one of those things kids do but to this mother it was the end of the world. And she tried to put all the blame on my daughter.

Well, we got past that one, but then on my daughter's 9th birthday, we had a sleep-over with 10 girls and neighbor's daughter wanted to sleep next to 'birthday girl" who was already booked up with two on each side, so we let neighbor's daughter sleep on the sofa, when all the rest were on the floor.

Well, next day I was confronted by the mother as to WHY was her daughter on the couch???? We had a run-in, her on the stairs on her way up, and me in the doorway.

Nevertheless, the Dad would still come down to sell us stuff from school and athletic fund raisers, and borrow white-out and scotch tape etc.

When we moved out, the former friend came down and we had a moment of reconciliation. She expressed her sorrow at seeing us go.

The manager of the apartment lived next door to the upstairs neighbors and she had expressed her displeasure at all the noise they made, slamming bathroom cupboards, etc. I told manager it didn't bother me much, I was used to hearing walking around, etc. Seemed to me the manager was trying to get me to agree with her so she could have justification to kick them out. I indirectly saved their butts.

Ah, apartment living!

In our present neighborhood, all is very quiet. We are on speaking terms with the next door neighbor and those behind us but we really have no relationship. The people across the street we never knew and now we don't know the current occupants. I think the house across the street is a rental. It looks like they are military and there on and off.

I sometimes wish I had more friends in the neighborhood, though, but then again it seems to lead to complications.