GreaseSpot Cafe

Does anyone have anything they actually miss about TWI?

smurfette

I miss feeling like I belonged someplace and wasn't an "odd ball." I miss feeling that I had a good connection with God...now I'm not so sure and don't want to be deceived again. I miss feeling that I was contributing spiritually because I had that connections (that really in the end apparently wasn't). I miss feeling I was doing something important spiritually when I brought someone to PFAL because they would get delivered. I miss the simplicity of the early years before the whole place turned devilish now and political and money-minded with control freaks in charge. I miss the Rock of Ages and seeing people that you only get to see once a year. I miss the whole that used to be in my heart, and then I thought was filled, to be empty again.

dmiller wrote:

"I miss the fine fellowship I had with many wonderful folks hundreds of miles away from HQ.

Once was a time we were a family, and yes -- I miss that."

I echo your words completely. I was "in" in the old days (late 70's to late 80's) before the complete reign of terror of LCM. The local fellowships were on their own, especially in the early days, with little to no HQ interference, and some wonderful people were in those fellowships who just wanted to help those of us who were a little lost. They never asked for my money and they never tried to make me a Way machine. They didn't care what classes I took or not. For many of them, it really was more about God.

quote:
The local fellowships were on their own, especially in the early days, with little to no HQ interference, and some wonderful people were in those fellowships who just wanted to help those of us who were a little lost.

Mercedes -- You hit the nail on the head. icon_smile.gif:)--> I actually looked forward to twig in the 78-80 era. We helped each other with "derelict" cars, went to the shooting range to plunk at tin cans, had spontaneous outings on Lake Superior's North Shore, stayed up all night sometimes drinking beer and doing "Word Studies" icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif:D--> , and all sorts of fun stuff.

Sure we went witnessing, tried to get classes together, and so on -- but there was a real "family essence" in the fellowship back then that really eroded over the years.

On top of it all, every last one of us liked each other, and it showed. Once leadership "reared it's ugly head",(just before lcm got "da job"), fun stuff stopped, rules and regs were the order of the day, and a really good thing went the way of all things earthly. icon_frown.gif:(-->