GreaseSpot Cafe

What former TWI person writes this strange material for CES?

fortunateone

quote:
dmiller

FiddlePicker

posted September 13, 2004 00:06

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The tape is actually pretty good, once he gets past the intro part."

So, dm, I suppose you are saying "a lessor of two pretty goods"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

actually, the majority part (after that intro) was excellent. I learned a lot that I had never heard before, and yup -- they had scripture to back up what they said, not some quotes from a rock and roll band.

Hiya dmiller

My quote from a Rock Band

quote:
Woke up, fell out of bed,

Dragged a comb across my head

Found my way downstairs and drank a cup,

And looking up I noticed I was late.

Found my coat and grabbed my hat

Made the bus in seconds flat

Found my way upstairs and had a smoke,

Somebody spoke and I went into a dream

I read the news today oh boy

I suppose you are familiar with that quote from that band?

Was in respect JAL's Humour.

quote:
My gosh, how many ways are there to die daily?

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! “The alarm clock? Already? Well, at least I’m awake, as opposed to many other people who died (or were murdered) in their sleep last night. All right, another day on earth. I feel

etc

SOOOO dmiller what is this suppose to mean:

quote:
and yup -- they had scripture to back up what they said, not some quotes from a rock and roll band.

?

icon_razz.gif:P-->

Song --- Yes. I recognize those lyrics. From a pretty good rock band, I might add! icon_wink.gif;)--> Used to have a bunch of their records. icon_cool.gif

The scripture quotes I was referring to (from the tape I mentioned) that I had not heard taught before, were from Daniel, chapter 10.

Kinda showed me how it is recorded that one man prayed for 3 weeks, was heard the first day, and because of adversarial interference, his prayer was not answered for those 21 days, because of a spiritual battle going on that he had no knowledge of.

That's what I meant, and that was one of the things I got out of the tape teaching. Twi did a lousy job with the entire angel subject. First you have them (guardian angles), then you lose them (now you are born again), but now you have no protection, because Our Saviour is an "absent Christ".

And --- fortunateone --- you said:

quote:
this article which I find demeaning... impling that God's agenda for His almighty angels is to function as a service organization such as traffic divison which does "molecular tricks" is too light.

Thank God His angels are mighty and active and protecting God's people.

Since you and I cannot do those "molecular tricks", may I suggest that your last sentence there is indicative of things that you and I might consider demeaning, yet they do them anyway? Just a thought. icon_smile.gif:)-->

dmiller

Yo dmiller, mind I post "angelic style"?! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Sir dmiller you posted September 20, 2004 03:51

Song --- Yes. I recognize those lyrics. From a pretty good rock band, I might add! Used to have a bunch of their records.

The scripture quotes I was referring to (from the tape I mentioned) that I had not heard taught before, were from Daniel, chapter 10.

I know those scriptual references. Those scripts were taught in PFAL Foundational. Y N ?

I did not think your scripture reference was the Bhagavad- Gita.

Kinda showed me how it is recorded that one man prayed for 3 weeks, was heard the first day, and because of adversarial interference, his prayer was not answered for those 21 days, because of a spiritual battle going on that he had no knowledge of.

Yepper. Ever read THE ILIAD by Homer? ( and i am not talking about the Simpsons)

That's what I meant, and that was one of the things I got out of the tape teaching. Twi did a lousy job with the entire angel subject. First you have them (guardian angles), then you lose them (now you are born again), but now you have no protection, because Our Saviour is an "absent Christ".

...And now what do you have dear sir?

I would still like to know ~~~ "SOOOO dmiller what is this suppose to mean:

"and yup -- they had scripture to back up what they said, not some quotes from a rock and roll band."

Song Eyes Wide Open

dmiller

FiddlePicker

posted September 20, 2004 21:32

Please don't call me "sir".

My schizophrenic tendencies might start acting up.

You just quoted my answer, then asked the same question. I guess I don't know what you want an answer to. Mea Culpa (Ithink)

TSRTS posts: I suppose it's a Rain Man Syndrone on and on

Scripture vs Rok N Roll?

mea culpa me thinks is is a hand shake differences that will never ever be resolved

icon_cool.gif

Rok On

You know where you are

You in the jungle baby

guns&roses

whoops

quote:
I did not think your scripture reference was the Bhagavad- Gita.

The only "Gita" I know of is In-a-Gadda-da-Vida", and Homer Simpson is someone I am not familiar with.. The Iliad was part of high school curriculum 35 years ago, so forgive me if I have forgotten all it says. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

quote:
I know those scriptual references. Those scripts were taught in PFAL Foundational. Y N ?

If they were, I missed the import in pfal, yet "The Ministry of Angels to Believers tape showed me the importance of steadfast prayer. Whatever docvic taught about angels, he did not teach that they are enabled by our prayers. Geez -- Daniel was OT, had no Christ in him, and look at what he did. A helluva lot more than most of us can claim today. I never heard that in pfal

Maybe that will answer your question. I hope so!! icon_smile.gif:)-->