GreaseSpot Cafe

What former TWI person writes this strange material for CES?

fortunateone

Somebody from CES who was in TWI writes some very wierd material to post on their website

but the article contains no author.

Anybody know who is the author?

http://www.truthortradition.com//modules.p...article&sid=438

This angel article sounds so strange almost Morman-like in its content

with made up stories about how angels live among us.

What kind of biblical doctrine is that?

CES is too weird for me.

OK, I read the article and am trying to understand what you found so strange about it. In a nutshell it says there is God, His enemy Satan are in a spiritual warfare and that there are spirit beings.. no surprises there. Ok and that the angels have a function. I can't think of a thing God has done that doesn't have a function all of which to help us bless us and bring us closer to him.

I might question where he gets the numbers but not the part of one third.

As far as it being Mormon-like, I think they both agree there are angels. If memory serves the Mormons believe angels are spirit beings waiting to be born as people for their trial on earth. Quite contrary to what the author said. Well he or she said angels aren't dead people but it in no way implied people had been angels either. So IMHO that comment kind of smacks as a strawman argument.

OK I couldn't find a biblical reference that angels ride on car tops maybe they sit on the hood. But if is the humor you take exception to well ok you don't like the humor.. so what?

Well anyway I was just curious what you found so inaccurate or "Mormon-like". And for that matter Mormans, just like everyone else are correct about some things.

Best regards.. coup

okay i didn't read the article, sue me

well offshoots of twi, TO ME, belong in this forum.... because they're so similar.... or i should say similar enough for me not to be into them

quote:
They need to replace the bag in their Bible vacuum
ha ha ha ha ha ha they need THE ANIMAL.... it's purple....

peace icon_smile.gif:)--> love icon_smile.gif:)--> grooviness icon_smile.gif:)--> (is that how you spell grooviness ?)

Fortunateone -- the following from your link:

quote:
My gosh, how many ways are there to die daily?

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! “The alarm clock? Already? Well, at least I’m awake, as opposed to many other people who died (or were murdered) in their sleep last night. All right, another day on earth. I feel pretty good, but of course that doesn’t necessarily mean that I don’t have one of the hundreds of fatal diseases going around. Well, I guess I’ll hop in the shower [Note: It is much safer to just stand there]—watch that BAR OF SOAP ON THE FLOOR! Better blow dry my hair, and hope I DON’T GET ELECTROCUTED! So far, so good—downstairs for breakfast, but not HEAD OVER HEELS AFTER TRIPPING ON A TOY. Yum-m, that’s good, honey. By the way, do you know how to do THE HEIMLICH MANEUVER? I’M CHOKING!! Driving to work—WHOA, THAT WAS CLOSE! I’m glad I don’t have a dangerous job like many people do, and I like my new office on the 58th floor, UNLESS THE BUILDING CATCHES FIRE! Lunchtime—think I’ll pop over to the burger joint and HOPE TO HIT THE FLOOR IN TIME IF SOMEONE OPENS UP WITH AN AK-47. Hey, it’s 5 p.m.—time to go home. Thank God there was no EARTHQUAKE this afternoon. If I don’t get MUGGED IN THE PARKING LOT, I’m taking my wife out for dinner, and HOPEFULLY NOT FATAL FOOD POISONING. Then we’ll settle in for some TV, and maybe that THE BIG OAK TREE BY THE HOUSE WON’T BE HIT BY LIGHTNING AND CRUSH US!

OK, you get the point—we need help!!!

is almost word for word from the 1991 Sept/Oct CES tape Ministry of Angels to Believers taught by John Lynn.

The tape is actually pretty good, once he gets past the intro part.

quote:

And the help JAL offers is "...okay I am out and about and searching for god and I meet the ones who have given me inSPIRITaction and now I have it all here for ya no matter what I went through and the alarm clock went off and I went down stairs~~~

Woke up, fell out of bed,

Dragged a comb across my head

Found my way downstairs and drank a cup,

And looking up I noticed I was late.

Found my coat and grabbed my hat

Made the bus in seconds flat

Found my way upstairs and had a smoke,

Somebody spoke and I went into a dream

I read the news today oh boy

Song

quote:
This angel article sounds so strange almost Morman-like in its content

with made up stories about how angels live among us.

What kind of biblical doctrine is that?

Maybe it sounds strange because you possibly have not been exposed to articles and teachings such as this. Especially if that exposure was mostly limited to TWI stuff.

What is is that you find unbiblical?

quote:
"The tape is actually pretty good, once he gets past the intro part."

So, dm, I suppose you are saying "a lessor of two pretty goods"

actually, the majority part (after that intro) was excellent. I learned a lot that I had never heard before, and yup -- they had scripture to back up what they said, not some quotes from a rock and roll band. icon_cool.gif

Song -- surely you remember this record --

quote:
And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O king: but Elisha, the prophet that [is] in Israel, telleth the king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy bedchamber.

2Ki 6:13 And he said, Go and spy where he [is], that I may send and fetch him. And it was told him, saying, Behold, [he is] in Dothan.

2Ki 6:14 Therefore sent he thither horses, and chariots, and a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city about.

2Ki 6:15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?

2Ki 6:16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that [be] with us [are] more than they that [be] with them.

2Ki 6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain [was] full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Gee -- I wonder where they all came from. icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Fortunateone -- guess that makes 2Kings "mormonistic" also??

Maybe they're written by the same person who sends out their mailers. Usually packed full of brightly colored paper the envelope will have anywhere from 3 to 5 order forms for assorted tapes and such, classes, etc. Getaways. Fun fests. That kind of thing. I always get really blessed when they show up unannounced in our mailbox, as if from out of the blue! Just knowing what's available is so empowering.

Really.

Honest.

I just read this article and I don't see anything wrong with it, in fact, I actually learned some things.

I was especially glad to see the bit about angels not being merely "guardians" of those who were to become born again in the future. I never could see that and thought LCM was wrong, but was too blind to be able to see the error (scary). Now, reading this article, I had a "Duh" moment....Angels did help many, many people in the Bible who were obviously born again...including Jesus, Peter and Paul. "Duh" How could I have been so stupid?!? Of course there are angels and of course they work for God taking care of us. If the devil has his minions, and they have carte blanche on who they choose to mess with, why wouldn't God have his angels working to protect us from those minions and ourselves?

I know it wasn't your purpose, but thanks for posting it. I guess it's still an effective piece, even if it is decades old.

Yes there are angels and I thank God for them.

Yes they help people daily.

BUT my point is this article is titled

What the Bible says about angels.

So the author writes what he thinks......

In light of the truth that the primary God-given responsibility of angels is to minister to believers, my often-imaginative mind envisions the following scenario. Like chauffeurs outside a Manhattan theater hanging around their limousines and chatting with one another, so I think angels must do likewise outside a home or church where a fellowship of Christians is taking place.

Hold it—angels are spirit beings—how come the angel’s hand didn’t pass right through Peter? Because, as the Bible makes clear, angels know how to do what I call “the molecule trick.” 1 That is, they know how to arrange or re-arrange molecules into different forms, and thus can come into concretion in the form of people. When they do, they look like people, sound like people, and feel like people. They even eat (and it is obvious what to fix for them if any show up at your house). 2

Not only is it the biblical testimony that angels assist believers, but if you have spent much time around Christians, you have heard many accounts of “people” (actually Traffic Division angels) showing up out of nowhere to help them when they were stranded motorists—and then disappearing; others (Child Care Division) leading their lost children home—and then vanishing; others showing up as big, muscular men (Security Division) to scare off their attackers, either military or civilian.

This maybe extrapolated from believers stories of deliverance but the article lacks true biblical documentation and is presumputous.

quote:
BUT my point is this article is titled

What the Bible says about angels.

So the author writes what he thinks......

Isn't that what the majority of folks do? - Try to explain biblical things in terms that they understand? I see no problem with that.

quote:
This maybe extrapolated from believers stories of deliverance but the article lacks true biblical documentation and is presumputous.
I don't think this was submitted as a scholarly research paper up for peer review. Lighten up for Peete's sake.

Sometimes times I'd rather read light-hearted articles like this than the dry, dogmatic verse for verse stuff presented TWI style.

Lighten up you suggest... well just maybe

this article which I find demeaning... impling that God's agenda for His almighty angels is to function as a service organization such as traffic divison which does "molecular tricks" is too light.

Thank God His angels are mighty and active and protecting God's people.

And yes TWI articles were and are terribly dry and perhaps equally demeaning.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My gosh, how many ways are there to die daily?

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! “The alarm clock? Already? Well, at least I’m awake, as opposed to many other people who died (or were murdered) in their sleep last night. All right, another day on earth. I feel pretty good, but of course that doesn’t necessarily mean that I don’t have one of the hundreds of fatal diseases going around. Well, I guess I’ll hop in the shower [Note: It is much safer to just stand there]—watch that BAR OF SOAP ON THE FLOOR! Better blow dry my hair, and hope I DON’T GET ELECTROCUTED! So far, so good—downstairs for breakfast, but not HEAD OVER HEELS AFTER TRIPPING ON A TOY. Yum-m, that’s good, honey. By the way, do you know how to do THE HEIMLICH MANEUVER? I’M CHOKING!! Driving to work—WHOA, THAT WAS CLOSE! I’m glad I don’t have a dangerous job like many people do, and I like my new office on the 58th floor, UNLESS THE BUILDING CATCHES FIRE! Lunchtime—think I’ll pop over to the burger joint and HOPE TO HIT THE FLOOR IN TIME IF SOMEONE OPENS UP WITH AN AK-47. Hey, it’s 5 p.m.—time to go home. Thank God there was no EARTHQUAKE this afternoon. If I don’t get MUGGED IN THE PARKING LOT, I’m taking my wife out for dinner, and HOPEFULLY NOT FATAL FOOD POISONING. Then we’ll settle in for some TV, and maybe that THE BIG OAK TREE BY THE HOUSE WON’T BE HIT BY LIGHTNING AND CRUSH US!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, I read that a few days ago and laughed. I thought it was pretty funny.